Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Site news and information > Introduce yourself

Introduce yourself Don't be bashful - please say hello so we can all welcome you here!

Old 19th January 2010
jalanb

E 620 user

In 1978 I bought an Olympus OM1 for £178 and subsequently 75-150 and 28mm lenses. I always intended to upgrade to an OM2 but never did.

I dabbled in b&w processing and remember being a member of an Olympus Group which involved adding a print to a circulating (by post) box and commenting on those submitted by others (anyone else remember this?).

After many years of reverting to point & shoot film and then digital I finally decided I needed a (D)SLR again. I had by this time acquired Elements 2 but my utilisation was restricted cropping and removing telephone wires etc.

I decided to go for an Olympus DSLR when a ‘good’ model was released. Rightly or wrongly the trigger was the E620 which I purchased last July in twin lens kit format.

I have found it an exciting challenge to understand all the controls and options and have upgraded my Elements 2 to ‘8’ quickly followed by a copy of ‘The Missing Manual’.

I have recently become sold on shooting RAW and do so now whenever possible.

I will shortly upload some pics into ‘my gallery’.
Old 19th January 2010
Senior Pixelmonger

Thanked 1,126 Times in 921 Posts
Liked 755 Times in 499 Posts
Re: E 620 user

Welcome to the Group. You've chosen well with the E-620 - it's a camera with excellent capabilities within a small body. Looking forward to seeing your gallery. Any questions, please ask - you'll find we are exceptionally friendly and don't bite!

A camera takes a picture. A photographer makes a picture

Fuji X system, + Leica and Bronica film

My Flickr site