Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Show your photos > Foto Fair

Foto Fair Post your photos for friendly, non-critical feedback. This is the place to show pictures if you aren't yet ready for full-blooded critique, or simply want to share an interesting picture with other e-group visitors.

Old 8th December 2007

Liked 1,010 Times in 300 Posts
Much better weather yesterday

So I went for a trip to Rochester on the Medway

Just a few images around the town(city as it has a catheral)including some low light samples at ISO 1600.

All with E3 and 12-60.

I must say I am very impressed with the 12-60.Was not sure about getting it when I got the E3 but am very glad I did.I think its resolution is better then the 14-54.
Also seem to be getting a much higher proportion of pictures in focus with the E3,the only time it seems to have a bit of a problem is when there are lots of close parallel lines ,then it seems to rattle between two points until you take your fingure off the shutter.
I also tried me ME1 magnifiying eyepiece on it.I think the viewfinder is fine for manual focus but I do like how much bigger the readout is with it.I think it would be a problem to anyone who has glasses but I quite like it.

All the best

Andy
Old 8th December 2007
PeterD

Re: Much better weather yesterday

Hi Andy,

Love the images. I agree with you regarding AE with close parralel lines in an image. The focus hunts and can result in poor focus. I am about to try a shot that failed a couple of days ago and manually focus to compare. Yes I am still learning and have read a bit more in the E3 handbook.

PeterD
Old 8th December 2007
E-3 Enthusiast....:)

Liked 30 Times in 19 Posts
Re: Much better weather yesterday

Lovely stuff Andy, especially #6 which in my opinion is gaging for a crop and some HDR tone mapping.

great set...