Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Show your photos > Foto Fair

Foto Fair Post your photos for friendly, non-critical feedback. This is the place to show pictures if you aren't yet ready for full-blooded critique, or simply want to share an interesting picture with other e-group visitors.

Old 13th March 2009
E-3 Enthusiast....:)

Liked 30 Times in 19 Posts
Pano attempt: Boat moored on River Usk

Hi All

Recently of late I have become more interested in landscapes and pano shots. No real scenery local to where I live to get much without a trip to the woods etc. However I have recently been given access to a small private field adjacent to the river and only 100yds from my from door - where I have set up a feeding station and plan on using the hide there frequently.

Alas I was there this morning, the tide was right up and the owners boat was floating instead of being rested on the mud. Decided I'd have a go at a 4 frame pano and this is the result.

E-3, 11-22mm, Manual, 1/200, f7.1, ISO200

Thoughts and feedback welcome from all, however especially welcome from our excellent landscape togs.

Ta

Old 13th March 2009
emirpprime

Re: Pano attempt: Boat moored on River Usk

I don't pretend to be up there with the landscapers round here, but I think this is a great shot John. The B&W treatement really brings out the clouds and allows the "tubs" and boat name to form good interesting contrast in the foreground. The reflection of the trees is good too.
All the best,
Phil
Old 13th March 2009

Liked 665 Times in 283 Posts
Re: Pano attempt: Boat moored on River Usk

The B&W conversion is super, it's brought out the clouds really well. The version on your gallery with the black background looks better because I think the feature on the lower right is cut off a tad too close to the edge.

m4/3: E-P2, EM-5, 100-300, 14-42mm 12-50mm, 45mm, panny 14mm. 4/3: 7-14 + Flashes & tripods & stuff

"Take nothing but pictures and leave nothing but footprints".

Flickr gallery