Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Show your photos > Foto Fair

Foto Fair Post your photos for friendly, non-critical feedback. This is the place to show pictures if you aren't yet ready for full-blooded critique, or simply want to share an interesting picture with other e-group visitors.

Old 15th April 2008
ndl0071

1st Pano Attempt

Having taken note of the excellent recent Panos shots I thought I would give this a go, this shot was taken whilst out and about last weekend, it was taken with 3 exposures horizontially and stitched together in CS3. I have noted that some Panos shown have been taken with more exposures but I am sure that will come with experience.

Any thoughts or pointers on improvement from those in the know will be gratefully received.

Thanks
Neil

Old 15th April 2008
emirpprime

Re: 1st Pano Attempt

Looks pretty good to me! I like the kite on the left, and those clouds sure look mean in the distance.
I think this is technically great, just needs perhaps a little less foreground? Or stronger middle ground to give the composition some pop. Keep them up
Phil
Old 15th April 2008
Codger

Liked 105 Times in 45 Posts

It looks fine technically - it's just not terribly interesting, but I'm sure that wasn't the real intention.

I guess the usual problems of making an interesting landscape shot are magnified with a pano.

"If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something" - Steven Wright
Old 15th April 2008
ndl0071

Hi Steve/Phil

Appreciate the comments , As suggested perhaps to make it more interesting I need to fill the middle ground more and lose some of the foreground, next time I'm up there I'll give it a whirl,
The idea of this shot was just to see if I could make it happen using CS3, I am glad that at least this aspect worked well.

Cheers
Neil