Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Out of Focus area > The lounge

The lounge Relax, take a break from photo and camera talk - have a chat about something else for a change. Just keep it clean and polite!

Old 21st January 2008
OlyFlyer

Just a proposal...

Hi all,

I don't know if it is possible, or if I am the only one, but I find this section, The lounge, very strange. The header says:

Quote:
Relax, take a break from photo and camera talk - have a chat about something else for a change. Just keep it clean and polite!
Yet, even photography is discussed (the moon). Not only that, but here, one can find serious subjects related to photography (work, or studio session type), serious subjects related to something else (like the plane crash), jokes and other type of discussions. I think it would be a good idea to divide the lounge into several sub-forums.
  1. Photographer related subjects (like work, studio session and the moon)
  2. Subjects related to something else than photography and photographer
  3. Chit-chat about anything else, like jokes, something interesting or general observations on anything, or where you go if you really just looking for company.

The camera section is divided into several sections, one for each model, which in my opinion is counter productive in some cases, yet this section is just one big mix of things.

I think the camera section should only be one, possibly two sub-forums. Many of us are interested of, or have several models. Having to click and enter a new sub-forum just to have a look around is in my opinion a bit overstructuring. OK, if there would be tens of thousands of posts for each model, but I think here is not really motivated. Have a look here:

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=94

The ClubSNAP version is not ideal, but it opens the doors better for anybody to get or find help, regardless of model. On ClubSNAP lens related issues are mixed with camera related, which is not a good idea, but still, it is not a big issue. So, my proposal for the camera section is:
  1. E-3
  2. Other E-system bodies
Alternatively, one single body section.

What do you think? Is it possible, or is it a crazy idea?
Old 21st January 2008
Banned

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Just a proposal...

Hey, there is nothing wrong with the moon.

It reminds me of a very bad and old joke.

I used to be a werewolf, but I'm all right nowwwwwwwww.

Sorry all.

But back to your message. I think that we should keep it like it is for the moment. We can have a laugh and still discuss serious issues. We are not DPR. Thankfully we have not got the x camera fanboys yet
Old 22nd January 2008
Scapula Memory

I think the lounge should remain as it is, reminds me more of your local pub lounge ( cue a Barry or flying haggis joke ) where the chit chat can be about anything and nothing. Dont really see the point in chopping it up into different areas.

Mmmm maybe I`m being a bit too British I dunno....

John.
Old 22nd January 2008
ndl0071

I agree, I like it just the way it is, leave it be gets my vote
Old 22nd January 2008
PeterD

I think, like others, that we should keep it as is for the time being. I do take your point OlyFlyer but perhaps, as the site grows, we can re-visit the options.

Kind regards

PeterD