Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Out of Focus area > For sale or wanted small ads

For sale or wanted small ads Advertise items you no longer need, as well as interest in items you are looking for. Non-commercial small-ads only. Buyers please take maximum precautions as we can offer no protection from fraudsters.

Old 9th March 2015

Liked 115 Times in 62 Posts
35-100mm f/2.0 lens

I am selling my little used 35-100mm f/2.0 lens to make way for an OM-D EM-1 system. In pristine condition, complete with lens hood, front and rear caps, pouch and UV filter. 900 + carriage. Personal viewing and collection welcome.

Gallery

Steve
Old 13th March 2015

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Re: 35-100mm f/2.0 lens

Just bought one from ffordes for 1200 it's an amazing lens won't ever be selling this one.. I
The Following User Liked This Post:
Wreckdiver (14th March 2015)
Old 22nd March 2015

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

I'm bumping up this thread simply to give Wreckdiver a bit of support and encouragement. Since buying a copy of this lens brand new in June 2014, I have been absolutely thrilled with its sharpness, contrast and build quality. It's bulky, sure enough, but handles perfectly on my Olympus E-3, which because of it inbuilt image stabilisation enables the lens to be comfortably hand-held. Not a combination you'd want to drag around with you all day, I grant you, but worth it for an hour or two of precious shots of people, animals, or sports.

I bought a Canon 5D mark III shortly before Christmas, but there is very little point in me replicating the 70-200mm full-frame equivalent focal lengths in the EF format because my Olympus zoom is already perfect for this purpose. As most of you probably know, high-end Olympus Four Thirds lenses are amongst the finest digital optics ever manufactured and this particular lens is basically the portrait zoom equivalent of the 50mm f2 macro, which is one of the sharpest lenses ever made by any manufacturer.

I would not contemplate selling my own ZD 35-100mm f2 for as little as £900, so if you can afford to obtain a pristine copy for that kind of money, my advice to you is to jump on it. It's a great lens and you will never regret it.
The Following User Says Thank You to MichaelShea For This Useful Post:
Wreckdiver (22nd March 2015)
Jim Ford (22nd March 2015)
Old 22nd March 2015

Liked 115 Times in 62 Posts

Thank you MichaelShea, I had forgotten about this. I now have an OM-D E-M1 system for underwater photography but will still be keeping my E-5 based system for topside work. I never really used the 35-100mm lens that much and as I am now focussing (pun inteded ) more on UW fineart and topside landscape work I don't envisage using this lens much in the future. It is heavy but that is made up for in image quality, it really is a stunning lens.

Regards,

Steve
MichaelShea (22nd March 2015)
Old 22nd March 2015

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

That makes sense Steve. To be honest, I'm no portrait shooter myself and also prefer wide-angles as a general rule. I've therefore only used the lens occasionally for show jumping events and one trip to Lagos zoo here in Portugal. I'd nonetheless be loathe to sell mine, although admittedly it was something of a luxury item and impulse buy. I find it sad that these superb Four Thirds lenses are largely wasted on cameras with dinosaur sensors and with the result that few people are ever likely to see just what they're truly capable of. Good luck with your sale though and enjoy your underwater photography, which is an area I've yet to explore for myself.
Wreckdiver (22nd March 2015)
Old 22nd March 2015

Liked 1,614 Times in 1,033 Posts

I've got a 35-100mm lens. I very rarely use it, but would be very reluctant to part with it. It's a wonderful piece of kit just to fit to the camera and play with.

Jim
The Following Users Liked This Post:
MichaelShea (22nd March 2015), Wreckdiver (23rd March 2015)
Old 22nd March 2015

Liked 1,313 Times in 792 Posts

Lens quality is less important than the lens matching the fashion accessory around the neck these days.

David M's Photoblog or follow me on Instagram.
MichaelShea (22nd March 2015)
Old 22nd March 2015

Liked 35 Times in 27 Posts

I concur that this is a stunning lens.
Wreckdiver (23rd March 2015)