Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Camera conference > Micro Four Thirds > Olympus Pen Lite E-PL5

Olympus Pen Lite E-PL5 The new and improved Olympus Pen Lite with the OM-D E-M5's excellenyt 16MP sensor and a touch screen that can face forwards for self-portraits.

Old 21st December 2013

Liked 25 Times in 6 Posts
Re: o my word i love my new camera.

Congrats on the new camera Becky, I bought one of those a few weeks ago and I absolutely love it. Even though I'm fortunate to have an office full of top-of-the-line Olympus and Canon equipment, it's the EPL5 that I tend to reach for. It's wonderful to have a tiny but massively powerful camera with me at all times, weighing next to nothing. It's also a great second camera or backup for professional assignments. It seems to offer slightly better IQ than the EM5, which I would guess is down to a more recent processing engine and the lack of a high pass filter. I've also bought the VF3 to keep me going on very bright days, it's good to have the best of both worlds. I will also say that the kit lens which accompanied it is surprisingly good for everyday outings.
The Following Users Liked This Post:
Graham_of_Rainham (21st December 2013), Zuiko (21st December 2013)
Old 21st December 2013
Administrator

Liked 1,580 Times in 910 Posts
Re: o my word i love my new camera.

I have the Toshiba FlashAir card in my E-PL5, which allows me to download images to the iPhone or laptop wirelessly.

It really is a surprisingly good camera.

Have fun with it.

We often repeat the mistakes we most enjoy...