Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Site news and information > Announcements

Announcements E-System news releases.

Old 31st July 2013

Thanked 1,407 Times in 1,299 Posts
Liked 2,340 Times in 1,112 Posts
Re: Olympus E7

Don't suppose they said how much it's likely to be?
Old 31st July 2013
Administrator

Thanked 3,151 Times in 2,459 Posts
Liked 4,455 Times in 2,116 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phill D View Post
Don't suppose they said how much it's likely to be?
Whether it is a DSLR to directly replace the E-5 or the long promised MFT camera with a PDAF solution for FT lenses, it will not be cheap. My guess is around 1500 body only. There really needs to be an update to the E5xx or E6xx ranges to cater for loyal users on a tighter budget (i.e. most of us).

One hopeful rumour is that there will at some point be a simplified, entry level OM-D at a lower price, but that won't help people who want to continue to use their existing FT lenses very much.

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau
Old 31st July 2013

Thanked 1,281 Times in 1,112 Posts
Liked 522 Times in 392 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuiko View Post
Cheeky, but nice try! I notice they said they can't take the order but didn't deny knowledge of the camera. Maybe we should all phone multiple stockists - someone, somewhere might let something slip!

Or not.
John, the MOST DECENT thing Olympus should do, is let us KNOW when they let the Dealers know I, for one am now getting annoyed ! Because if the Sept date is correct, Dealers MUST KNOW NOW to buy stocks

A friend has just taken delivery of a Nikon D4, saying that it is THE BEST for Birds inflight ... its lock on auto focus array is better than any Canon or other Nikon ....

its heavy and I would have it without big battery unit ... BUT frankly I am so disappointed with the lack of "help" Oly E-5 is giving me for Bif that I am seriously considering this move ... VERY SOON I was so disappointed that the OM-D E-M5 failed here miserably
I Lurve Walking in our Glorious Countryside; Photography;
Riding Ducati Motorbikes; Reading & Cooking ! ...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/photomagicf1_chevvy/sets/

the ONE photo album
Old 31st July 2013

Liked 298 Times in 175 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevvyf1 View Post
David, REALLY is the Canon poorer IQ ????? Mind you the E-M5 is top dollar but how does it (Canon) compare to E-5 (you had one ?)
Chevvy, I think "poorer" is probably too strong a word but I do find the E-M5 images to be crisper than the Canon ones. The main issue is the availability of m4/3 long telephoto primes, the 75-300 I have is excellent but not up to the 300mm f2.8 I owned. However as I said the Canon 400mm L f5.6 gives stunning results on the E-M5 and providing the subject is suitable for MF then I can't see me looking elsewhere at the moment except for BIF. I think the 7D has possibly a little better IQ than the E5 but I haven't used it with the same lens and this Canon combo I have doesn't have any IS.

David
Wee man (31st July 2013)
Old 31st July 2013

Thanked 1,281 Times in 1,112 Posts
Liked 522 Times in 392 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Morison View Post
Chevvy, I think "poorer" is probably too strong a word but I do find the E-M5 images to be crisper than the Canon ones. The main issue is the availability of m4/3 long telephoto primes, the 75-300 I have is excellent but not up to the 300mm f2.8 I owned. However as I said the Canon 400mm L f5.6 gives stunning results on the E-M5 and providing the subject is suitable for MF then I can't see me looking elsewhere at the moment except for BIF. I think the 7D has possibly a little better IQ than the E5 but I haven't used it with the same lens and this Canon combo I have doesn't have any IS.

David
David, I feel "Off Topic" ERGO I shall start a thread on comparison of E-5 ? E-7 and Canon ? Nikon ? for Birds in Flight ... David could you post your above post in here too ?

http://e-group.uk.net/forum/showthre...808#post241808
I Lurve Walking in our Glorious Countryside; Photography;
Riding Ducati Motorbikes; Reading & Cooking ! ...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/photomagicf1_chevvy/sets/

the ONE photo album