Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!


Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Site news and information > Announcements

Announcements E-System news releases.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #16  
Old 11th December 2007
Grahams Grahams is offline
Full member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Scunthorpe, Lincolnshire
Posts: 8
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: E-3 Training DVDs and instruction manuals

Thanks Ian, received my DVD and Manual yesterday.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 11th December 2007
beardedwombat
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: E-3 Training DVDs and instruction manuals

Received my DVD yesterday, many thanks to Ian once again!
Chris
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 11th December 2007
theMusicMan's Avatar
theMusicMan theMusicMan is offline
E-3 Enthusiast....:)
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: South Wales
Posts: 5,878
Thanks: 143
Thanked 267 Times in 178 Posts
Likes: 8
Liked 30 Times in 19 Posts
Re: E-3 Training DVDs and instruction manuals

Nothing came for me today, though I need to ask my wife if the postie arrived late.
__________________
John

Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 11th December 2007
DerekW DerekW is offline
Full member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Hampshire
Posts: 3,082
Thanks: 90
Thanked 334 Times in 261 Posts
Likes: 33
Liked 534 Times in 373 Posts
Re: E-3 Training DVDs and instruction manuals

Looking at the DVD, the files were written finally on the 8th of November.

That means the filming was done in late summer - especially if you look at the leaves on the trees which are quite green.

Given that the early sample of the E3 Ian looked at in the middle of October had a firmware level of .9 one wonders what cameras and lenses where used to take the sample pictures in the DVD.

If they were taken with production level equipment then I have to congratulate the film makers for the speed of execution - however as an ex inhabitant of a marketing department - I do wonder <g>
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 11th December 2007
PeterD
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: E-3 Training DVDs and instruction manuals

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekW View Post
Looking at the DVD, the files were written finally on the 8th of November.

That means the filming was done in late summer - especially if you look at the leaves on the trees which are quite green.

Given that the early sample of the E3 Ian looked at in the middle of October had a firmware level of .9 one wonders what cameras and lenses where used to take the sample pictures in the DVD.

If they were taken with production level equipment then I have to congratulate the film makers for the speed of execution - however as an ex inhabitant of a marketing department - I do wonder <g>
I am beginning to wonder what this is all about. I received the Olympus Master software but not a DVD. I ignored this before because I thought everyone was talking about the software disc but clearly not!
Ian, any chance of asking Oly for another disc for me please.

Thanks. The pain in the neck

PeterD
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 11th December 2007
emirpprime
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: E-3 Training DVDs and instruction manuals

Especially as it inculdes the SWD 50-200, that isn't even shipping yet. I'm sure they must have been using ver 0.9, as it seems that was basically final, but a few firmware tweaks were made.
Phil
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 19th December 2007
edwardholloway
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: E-3 Training DVDs and instruction manuals

Ian,

There was an instruction manual in my box but no training DVD

Edward
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 19th December 2007
PeterD
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: E-3 Training DVDs and instruction manuals

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardholloway View Post
Ian,

There was an instruction manual in my box but no training DVD

Edward
Hi Ian, I am in the same boat as Edward. Please see my previous e-mail on this thread.

I hope you are having a break though as it was a very busy period these last 3 months.

Kind regards

PeterD
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 19th December 2007
jdal's Avatar
jdal jdal is offline
Full member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Northumberland
Posts: 4,046
Thanks: 129
Thanked 503 Times in 439 Posts
Likes: 202
Liked 665 Times in 283 Posts
Re: E-3 Training DVDs and instruction manuals

I got an early E-3, there was a manual, biut no DVD.
__________________
John

m4/3: E-P2, EM-5, 100-300, 14-42mm 12-50mm, 45mm, panny 14mm. 4/3: 7-14 + Flashes & tripods & stuff

"Take nothing but pictures and leave nothing but footprints".

Flickr gallery
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 19th December 2007
patrickss patrickss is offline
Full member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Chesterfield Derbyshire UK
Posts: 11
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: E-3 Training DVDs and instruction manuals

Received my E3 from Park camera's on 11-12-07 Including written manual &
training DVD
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 20th December 2007
Ijay37
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: E-3 Training DVDs and instruction manuals

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickss View Post
Received my E3 from Park camera's on 11-12-07 Including written manual &
training DVD
Hi would you be interested in making a few copies of the DVD, for a small renumeration of course. I would be interested.
Regards John
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 22nd December 2007
patrickss patrickss is offline
Full member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Chesterfield Derbyshire UK
Posts: 11
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: E-3 Training DVDs and instruction manuals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ijay37 View Post
Hi would you be interested in making a few copies of the DVD, for a small renumeration of course. I would be interested.
Regards John
Hi John,
I Have no problems with your request for a copy of the E3 training DVD..
In fact I have just made a copy just to see if it's possible & it copyed just fine & tested it in vista works a treat!!
Just let me have your Adress & will mail it off ASAP,though it will after xmas
I'm afraid!!.
Don't know how many copys you want?....though!!

All the best
Patrick
__________________
E3 E1 E500 E510 E400 Lens 11-22 14-54 50mm macro
40-150 new 14-42

http://patrick-ss.smugmug.com/
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 22nd December 2007
Ijay37
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: E-3 Training DVDs and instruction manuals

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickss View Post
Hi John,
I Have no problems with your request for a copy of the E3 training DVD..
In fact I have just made a copy just to see if it's possible & it copyed just fine & tested it in vista works a treat!!
Just let me have your Adress & will mail it off ASAP,though it will after xmas
I'm afraid!!.
Don't know how many copys you want?....though!!

All the best
Patrick
Hi Patrick
Thanks very much I will contact you privately after the festive season with my address, I only want one copy I put copies in case anyone else asked you for one.
Merry Xmas John
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 22nd December 2007
jdal's Avatar
jdal jdal is offline
Full member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Northumberland
Posts: 4,046
Thanks: 129
Thanked 503 Times in 439 Posts
Likes: 202
Liked 665 Times in 283 Posts
Re: E-3 Training DVDs and instruction manuals

DVD arrived this morning, many thanks Ian.
__________________
John

m4/3: E-P2, EM-5, 100-300, 14-42mm 12-50mm, 45mm, panny 14mm. 4/3: 7-14 + Flashes & tripods & stuff

"Take nothing but pictures and leave nothing but footprints".

Flickr gallery
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 25th February 2008
B.P.S Studios
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: E-3 Training DVDs and instruction manuals

Hi Ian,

I was the first person in Ireland to have an E3 but did not get the Manual or DVD. In fact I ended up downloading the manual from the Olympus website. The DVD would be nice to have though!

Regards,

Ian
B.P.S Studios
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Web link for the E-3 instruction manual CaptainD Olympus E-3 2 22nd November 2007 09:10 AM


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:09 PM.


The Write Technology Ltd, 2007-2019, All rights reservedAd Management plugin by RedTyger