Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!


Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Out of Focus area > The lounge

The lounge Relax, take a break from photo and camera talk - have a chat about something else for a change. Just keep it clean and polite!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 22nd August 2010
BobS BobS is offline
Full member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Isle of Purbeck, Dorset
Posts: 1,261
Thanks: 50
Thanked 51 Times in 47 Posts
Likes: 52
Liked 11 Times in 9 Posts
confused.bob

I am really, really confused.

My PC has 64bit Windows 7 loaded as well as 32bit. When I am looking at photos in the galleries, the 'rating' bar is not always shown in one of the versions but appears in the other version. I know that Adobe Flash Player is not yet available for the 64bit version, but I don't think this is anything to do with this. I also have problems with links with one of the versions but I believe this is something to do with the security settings (which I think is the same with both).

Is it me getting too old for this sort of technology or is there another, more logical (and happier) reason for my predicament?

Any help or advice will be gratefully received. (Never had these problem with my old XP computer!)
__________________
Bob


To see what is in front of one's nose requires constant struggle.
GEORGE ORWELL
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 22nd August 2010
StephenL's Avatar
StephenL StephenL is offline
Senior Pixelmonger
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Yorkshire Dales
Posts: 9,863
Thanks: 984
Thanked 1,126 Times in 921 Posts
Likes: 658
Liked 755 Times in 499 Posts
Re: confused.bob

I don't have any problems at all with Adobe Flash on my Win 7 64 bit installation. Which web browser are you using? Can I ask why and how you have both versions? I presume you have the disks partitioned and dual-boot.
__________________
Stephen

A camera takes a picture. A photographer makes a picture

Fuji X system, + Leica and Bronica film

My Flickr site
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 22nd August 2010
BobS BobS is offline
Full member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Isle of Purbeck, Dorset
Posts: 1,261
Thanks: 50
Thanked 51 Times in 47 Posts
Likes: 52
Liked 11 Times in 9 Posts
Re: confused.bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenL View Post
I don't have any problems at all with Adobe Flash on my Win 7 64 bit installation. Which web browser are you using? Can I ask why and how you have both versions? I presume you have the disks partitioned and dual-boot.
Hi Stephen. Thanks for your response to my cry for help. It's been a heavy day with visitors viewing our house which is up for sale as we're on the move (hopefully). I'll come back with the info shortly, when I've gathered my wits that have temporarily escaped!

Thanks again
__________________
Bob


To see what is in front of one's nose requires constant struggle.
GEORGE ORWELL
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 23rd August 2010
j.baker j.baker is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: North Wiltshire
Posts: 1,071
Thanks: 0
Thanked 20 Times in 11 Posts
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: confused.bob

You can use Flash in Windows Vista and 7 64bit version, however you must use the normal version of Internet Explorer not the 64bit version.

Flash has not been released as a 64bit version.

64bit Windows allows the usage of 32bit software by Thunking.

As to your problem, I do not have an answer.

I use Windows 7 x64 on two of my machines, and Windows 7 x32 on two netbooks/laptops.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thunk
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 26th August 2010
BobS BobS is offline
Full member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Isle of Purbeck, Dorset
Posts: 1,261
Thanks: 50
Thanked 51 Times in 47 Posts
Likes: 52
Liked 11 Times in 9 Posts
Re: confused.bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenL View Post
I don't have any problems at all with Adobe Flash on my Win 7 64 bit installation. Which web browser are you using? Can I ask why and how you have both versions? I presume you have the disks partitioned and dual-boot.
Hi Stephen. Sorry for the delay in replying, but as I explained, I am going through a period of abnormal brain drain! I am using Windows 7 Internet Explorer (64 bit) for which, my computer says, Flash is not yet available. It is available on my 32 bit version and I use either, depending on how I feel as sometimes links seem to work in one version but not in the other. As far as viewing the rating option in a gallery, I think it's me getting my smalls in a twist! Just ignore my rant but thanks anyway for your contribution.
__________________
Bob


To see what is in front of one's nose requires constant struggle.
GEORGE ORWELL
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 26th August 2010
BobS BobS is offline
Full member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Isle of Purbeck, Dorset
Posts: 1,261
Thanks: 50
Thanked 51 Times in 47 Posts
Likes: 52
Liked 11 Times in 9 Posts
Re: confused.bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.baker View Post
You can use Flash in Windows Vista and 7 64bit version, however you must use the normal version of Internet Explorer not the 64bit version.

Flash has not been released as a 64bit version.

64bit Windows allows the usage of 32bit software by Thunking.

As to your problem, I do not have an answer.

I use Windows 7 x64 on two of my machines, and Windows 7 x32 on two netbooks/laptops.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thunk
Hi John and thanks for your advice. I know that Flash is not available for the 64 bit browser and as far as my other problem is concerned, I think it's just me. For various reasons I need to switch between my old PC (Windows XP), my laptop (also XP) and this computer that has Windows 7 with 64 bit and 32 bit browsers so I do get a bit addled sometimes! And, having a drink when the sun is over the yard-arm, doesn't help!
__________________
Bob


To see what is in front of one's nose requires constant struggle.
GEORGE ORWELL
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 27th August 2010
Ross the fiddler's Avatar
Ross the fiddler Ross the fiddler is offline
Full member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Blue Mtns, NSW Australia
Posts: 13,962
Thanks: 2,067
Thanked 1,317 Times in 1,029 Posts
Likes: 5,366
Liked 2,083 Times in 1,126 Posts
Re: confused.bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobS View Post
Hi John and thanks for your advice. I know that Flash is not available for the 64 bit browser and as far as my other problem is concerned, I think it's just me. For various reasons I need to switch between my old PC (Windows XP), my laptop (also XP) and this computer that has Windows 7 with 64 bit and 32 bit browsers so I do get a bit addled sometimes! And, having a drink when the sun is over the yard-arm, doesn't help!
That should help a lot. Just tell yourself a relaxed brain is not a stressed one!

I only use XP (home & pro) & Windows 7 32 bit (home & pro) & know the differences have to be remembered, so I can't help you with 64 bit issues. I just got myself a laptop with 7 pro on just so I don't have to compete with my children for the other computers. It's MINE.
__________________
Ross
I fiddle with violins (when I'm not fiddling with a camera).
Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/ross-the-fiddler/
Cameras: OM-D E-M1 & Mk II, Olympus Stylus 1, OM-D E-M5.
Lenses: M.ZD12-40mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD40-150mm f2.8 PRO Lens, MC-14, MC-20, M.ZD12-50, M.ZD60 Macro, M.ZD75-300 Mk II, MMF-3, ZD14-54 II, Sigma 150mm F2.8 APO Macro DG HSM.
Flashes: FL36R X2, FL50R, FL50.
Software: Capture One Pro 10 (& Olympus Viewer 3).
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 27th August 2010
BobS BobS is offline
Full member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Isle of Purbeck, Dorset
Posts: 1,261
Thanks: 50
Thanked 51 Times in 47 Posts
Likes: 52
Liked 11 Times in 9 Posts
Re: confused.bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross the fiddler View Post
That should help a lot. Just tell yourself a relaxed brain is not a stressed one!

I only use XP (home & pro) & Windows 7 32 bit (home & pro) & know the differences have to be remembered, so I can't help you with 64 bit issues. I just got myself a laptop with 7 pro on just so I don't have to compete with my children for the other computers. It's MINE.
Hi Ross good to hear from you again. I can never remember whether you are 10 hours ahead of us or 10 hours behind us, so is it 4am or midnight down under. One thing I do know, you are all upside down as far as we are concerned!

__________________
Bob


To see what is in front of one's nose requires constant struggle.
GEORGE ORWELL
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 28th August 2010
Ross the fiddler's Avatar
Ross the fiddler Ross the fiddler is offline
Full member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Blue Mtns, NSW Australia
Posts: 13,962
Thanks: 2,067
Thanked 1,317 Times in 1,029 Posts
Likes: 5,366
Liked 2,083 Times in 1,126 Posts
Re: confused.bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobS View Post
Hi Ross — good to hear from you again. I can never remember whether you are 10 hours ahead of us or 10 hours behind us, so is it 4am or midnight down under. One thing I do know, you are all upside down as far as we are concerned!

Maybe, but we're ahead of you.

Surely, no one in there right mind would be on the forum at 4:00 am, but then again a couple of UK members have been on till about 2:30 am (UK time).
__________________
Ross
I fiddle with violins (when I'm not fiddling with a camera).
Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/ross-the-fiddler/
Cameras: OM-D E-M1 & Mk II, Olympus Stylus 1, OM-D E-M5.
Lenses: M.ZD12-40mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD40-150mm f2.8 PRO Lens, MC-14, MC-20, M.ZD12-50, M.ZD60 Macro, M.ZD75-300 Mk II, MMF-3, ZD14-54 II, Sigma 150mm F2.8 APO Macro DG HSM.
Flashes: FL36R X2, FL50R, FL50.
Software: Capture One Pro 10 (& Olympus Viewer 3).
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 28th August 2010
Nick Temple-Fry's Avatar
Nick Temple-Fry Nick Temple-Fry is offline
Full member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Wiltshire
Posts: 4,395
Thanks: 17
Thanked 190 Times in 142 Posts
Likes: 0
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Re: confused.bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross the fiddler View Post
Maybe, but we're ahead of you.

Surely, no one in there right mind would be on the forum at 4:00 am, but then again a couple of UK members have been on till about 2:30 am (UK time).
off to bed now
__________________
Nick Temple-Fry

Medicine as a science ranks somewhere between archaeology and economics.

www.theChurchPhotographer.co.uk 90 Churches -- Fairford St Mary's, exceptionally splendid
www.temple-fry.co.uk
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 28th August 2010
gregles gregles is offline
Full member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Scotland
Posts: 3,176
Thanks: 614
Thanked 396 Times in 381 Posts
Likes: 175
Liked 112 Times in 67 Posts
Re: confused.bob

I will just kick about for a few more minutes
__________________
My Flickr Home Page
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 28th August 2010
Ross the fiddler's Avatar
Ross the fiddler Ross the fiddler is offline
Full member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Blue Mtns, NSW Australia
Posts: 13,962
Thanks: 2,067
Thanked 1,317 Times in 1,029 Posts
Likes: 5,366
Liked 2,083 Times in 1,126 Posts
Re: confused.bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobS View Post
Hi Ross — good to hear from you again. I can never remember whether you are 10 hours ahead of us or 10 hours behind us, so is it 4am or midnight down under. One thing I do know, you are all upside down as far as we are concerned!

What do you mean we are all upside down, down under? It must just your perception.





You're going to have to stand on your head to see this one.
__________________
Ross
I fiddle with violins (when I'm not fiddling with a camera).
Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/ross-the-fiddler/
Cameras: OM-D E-M1 & Mk II, Olympus Stylus 1, OM-D E-M5.
Lenses: M.ZD12-40mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD40-150mm f2.8 PRO Lens, MC-14, MC-20, M.ZD12-50, M.ZD60 Macro, M.ZD75-300 Mk II, MMF-3, ZD14-54 II, Sigma 150mm F2.8 APO Macro DG HSM.
Flashes: FL36R X2, FL50R, FL50.
Software: Capture One Pro 10 (& Olympus Viewer 3).
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 31st August 2010
BobS BobS is offline
Full member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Isle of Purbeck, Dorset
Posts: 1,261
Thanks: 50
Thanked 51 Times in 47 Posts
Likes: 52
Liked 11 Times in 9 Posts
Re: confused.bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross the fiddler View Post
What do you mean we are all upside down, down under? It must just your perception.





You're going to have to stand on your head to see this one.
Just seen this after being away for a long weekend. Nice one, Ross, though I think there is a little element of 'cut and paste' so to speak! Can you line it all up and re-submit after which I will award points.
__________________
Bob


To see what is in front of one's nose requires constant struggle.
GEORGE ORWELL
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 31st August 2010
Ross the fiddler's Avatar
Ross the fiddler Ross the fiddler is offline
Full member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Blue Mtns, NSW Australia
Posts: 13,962
Thanks: 2,067
Thanked 1,317 Times in 1,029 Posts
Likes: 5,366
Liked 2,083 Times in 1,126 Posts
Re: confused.bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobS View Post
Just seen this after being away for a long weekend. Nice one, Ross, though I think there is a little element of 'cut and paste' so to speak! Can you line it all up and re-submit after which I will award points.
This is how I saw it. (I don't see things upside down here )


http://e-group.uk.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/26554

My son was performing some tricks & showed me this. He uses magic... No, there is no super glue. There is no cutting & pasting in this, as this was just me trying out my E30.

Enjoy
__________________
Ross
I fiddle with violins (when I'm not fiddling with a camera).
Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/ross-the-fiddler/
Cameras: OM-D E-M1 & Mk II, Olympus Stylus 1, OM-D E-M5.
Lenses: M.ZD12-40mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD40-150mm f2.8 PRO Lens, MC-14, MC-20, M.ZD12-50, M.ZD60 Macro, M.ZD75-300 Mk II, MMF-3, ZD14-54 II, Sigma 150mm F2.8 APO Macro DG HSM.
Flashes: FL36R X2, FL50R, FL50.
Software: Capture One Pro 10 (& Olympus Viewer 3).
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 31st August 2010
BobS BobS is offline
Full member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Isle of Purbeck, Dorset
Posts: 1,261
Thanks: 50
Thanked 51 Times in 47 Posts
Likes: 52
Liked 11 Times in 9 Posts
Re: confused.bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross the fiddler View Post
This is how I saw it. (I don't see things upside down here )
My son was performing some tricks & showed me this. He uses magic... No, there is no super glue. There is no cutting & pasting in this, as this was just me trying out my E30.

Enjoy
I think it's all a cello (i.e. a big fiddle)
__________________
Bob


To see what is in front of one's nose requires constant struggle.
GEORGE ORWELL
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Confused...don't take much..... ringneck Foto Fair 10 16th May 2010 07:24 PM
File names - I'm confused! baldyb Software 13 23rd September 2009 06:22 AM
E3 raw file size - confused Invicta Olympus E-3 5 9th December 2007 02:11 PM


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:39 PM.


The Write Technology Ltd, 2007-2019, All rights reservedAd Management plugin by RedTyger