Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Show your photos > Foto Fair

Foto Fair Post your photos for friendly, non-critical feedback. This is the place to show pictures if you aren't yet ready for full-blooded critique, or simply want to share an interesting picture with other e-group visitors.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 20th July 2015

Liked 1,327 Times in 625 Posts
RIAT + 40-150 pr on EM-5 mk2 = Joy

I spent a wonderful day at RIAT on Sunday (despite a 1.5 hour jam meaning we didn't arrive until 11.30 )

My first chance to really give the new system (and myself) a work out and overall the outcome was a real delight, physically for me as after 6 hours of continuous hand-holding I feel great today and also for the system.

A bit of work to do on my over-head hand-holding technique (I was waving the camera about like a feather duster at times! ) but also I was getting some focus lock problems + "ghosting" under some conditions.

The first appeared to be related to the fact that whilst fiddling with the button setting the day before I had set the LN button to 2X digi TC, once I cleared this setting focus lock become consistently accurate again (I had spotted that at some point I activated digi TC which appeared to mess focus up with the 1.4 X TC attached)

the ghosting was, I think, possibly caused by the protection filter I was using against all the soot and kerosene vapours mixed with runway dust blowing about)

I've started a flikr gallery of pics here:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/754450...57656115276691

but won't bore you with all the images I post there, just a few of my favourites from the first bit of processing done so far

all pics cropped and then downsized to 1500 pix for posting

Vulcan's Arrows by Brian Wadie Photographer, on Flickr

Typhoon following Spitfire by Brian Wadie Photographer, on Flickr

This one is a big crop, un-resized as it was way down the runway from us

Typhoon meets spifire by Brian Wadie Photographer, on Flickr

polish mig 29 top view by Brian Wadie Photographer, on Flickr

Belgian f16 final approach by Brian Wadie Photographer, on Flickr
The Following Users Liked This Post:
al_kaholik (20th July 2015), Graham_of_Rainham (20th July 2015), Gwyver (20th July 2015), IainMacD (20th July 2015), Melaka (20th July 2015), Olybirder (21st July 2015), raymondo (20th July 2015), rsh1960 (21st July 2015), Yorkie (20th July 2015)