Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Site news and information > Announcements

Announcements E-System news releases.

Old 29th November 2007
alert_bri

UK Photo Safari Group Report on Olympus Launch Events...

Hello everyone,

as you may know, Olympus recently conducted a number of E-3 workshops and a Launch Party in London. In recognition of our ground breaking multi-user field review, Olympus invited all of the contributors along to these events.

In return, we have produced a report to share with you, our impressions of these exciting events. Thanks to Rich Simpson, Andrew Swan and John Begin for their help and of course to John Foster for constructing and hosting the article on behalf of the Olympus community here :
http://www.biofos.com/esystem/e_3ult.html

If you would like to join us for future projects and events, please feel free to contact me via my profile here. I'm hoping Ian will come along too! we have huge plans, and welcome all of your support in helping to take Olympus to No.1 in the UK.

Kind Regards

Brian
Old 29th November 2007
alert_bri

Re: UK Photo Safari Group Report on Olympus Launch Events...

Whoops! sorry guys, the link above is to the original multi user field review... the follow up article, with lots of photos of the Olympus E-3 workshop and E-3 Launch Party is here :
http://www.biofos.com/esystem/e_3lnch.html

Hope that helps,

Kind Regards

Brian
Old 29th November 2007
emirpprime

An interesting read, thanks Brian and all the contributors. I didn't make it to the V&A, but did to the Worx and agree with most of the points. They were fantatic oportunities provided by Oly.

As for future plans, I hope you'll be popping in here to advertise them too! I know quite a few members don't hang around the right other forums to find out otherwise. I'm sure you'll get some takers from here, myself included, time permitting.

Phil
Old 29th November 2007

Liked 881 Times in 403 Posts

Agree entirely with Phil. I used to visit other sites but was stunned by the rudeness and general negativity. So I don't go there any more. I came here because of the very positive way that Ian goes about things and the opportunities he creates.

I am very willing to join in with and help create a positive community which involves more than just virtual activity and which enjoys (through Ian) the support of Olympus UK. I will come along where I can, as much as I can.

I was stunned by the generosity of Olympus in the launch event I went to. I know what that that sort of event costs having run similar press events for a major UK company. I cannot believe that they would continue to offer such support if this forum were to become negative or moribund.

It is good to see access to information, insight and the truth that Ian gets direct from Olympus where there are concerns and most importantly to see it done professionally and politely.

kind regards

Peter
Old 29th November 2007
Administrator

Thanked 2,454 Times in 1,235 Posts
Liked 1,654 Times in 740 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by art frames View Post
Agree entirely with Phil. I used to visit other sites but was stunned by the rudeness and general negativity. So I don't go there any more. I came here because of the very positive way that Ian goes about things and the opportunities he creates.

I am very willing to join in with and help create a positive community which involves more than just virtual activity and which enjoys (through Ian) the support of Olympus UK. I will come along where I can, as much as I can.

I was stunned by the generosity of Olympus in the launch event I went to. I know what that that sort of event costs having run similar press events for a major UK company. I cannot believe that they would continue to offer such support if this forum were to become negative or moribund.

It is good to see access to information, insight and the truth that Ian gets direct from Olympus where there are concerns and most importantly to see it done professionally and politely.

kind regards

Peter
I'm determined to maintain all three of the sites I operate as friendly and respectful as possible. There have been a couple of posts recently that have required some moderation, but luckily these are very rare and individuals involved have all, so far, been cooperative and all has turned out positively.

It should be pointed out that while this site is most definitely part of the Olympus UK service for its customers, it's also a valuable way for Olympus to keep in touch with the opinions and perceptions of its customers. It's a two-way thing.

Ian
Digital Photography Now (http://dpnow.com)
Olympus camera, lens, and accessory hire (http://e-group.uk.net/hire)

Twitter: www.twitter.com/ian_burley
Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/dpnow/
Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/ianburley/
NEW: My personal BLOG ianburley.com
Old 29th November 2007
PeterD

Thumbs up Re: UK Photo Safari Group Report on Olympus Launch Events...

Quote:
Originally Posted by alert_bri View Post
Hello everyone,

as you may know, Olympus recently conducted a number of E-3 workshops and a Launch Party in London. In recognition of our ground breaking multi-user field review, Olympus invited all of the contributors along to these events.

In return, we have produced a report to share with you, our impressions of these exciting events. Thanks to Rich Simpson, Andrew Swan and John Begin for their help and of course to John Foster for constructing and hosting the article on behalf of the Olympus community here :
http://www.biofos.com/esystem/e_3ult.html

If you would like to join us for future projects and events, please feel free to contact me via my profile here. I'm hoping Ian will come along too! we have huge plans, and welcome all of your support in helping to take Olympus to No.1 in the UK.

Kind Regards

Brian
Thanks for the update Brian. I have been following the reports of the trip. It's good to see some images too.

PeterD
Old 29th November 2007
alert_bri

Hi guys,

thanks all for your comments... we worked hard to get the report done while it was still news - another great team effort!

Hopefully, the next trip to York on the 8th December will be equally successful... and we'll be planning further exciting joint projects for 2008, it would be great to have everyone support Ian's latest forum here... I have already started to point people in this direction.

Kind Regards

Brian