Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Camera conference > Olympus E-3

Olympus E-3 E-3 specific discussion.

Closed Thread

Old 14th January 2008
ptomsu

No more longer E-3

After some few thousand test shots mostly to figure out the AF reliability of my E-3 with Oly and non Oly FT lenses, I have decided that this was enough.

I was absolutely unsatisfied with all AF modes, especially under low light conditions. This simply did not work and did in best case produce unreliable results.

Thus I decided to give my E-3 and all FT gear I have back to my photo dealer and I am going back to Nikon again (thanks god I kept all my Nikon glass). I hope my D3 will arrive in some 2 months.

To all of you still suffering with the E-3 and it's issues, I wish you all the best and great patience with Oly hopefully solving these issues. And finally the results you expect.

For me this was my final try with FT and I will most likely never return to this pain again.
Old 14th January 2008

Liked 904 Times in 293 Posts
Re: No more longer E-3

I am surprised this is your first and presumably last post as you are returning to your roots.

Good luck.

Barr1e
Old 14th January 2008
ptomsu

Well thanks, I am kind of reliefed now
Old 14th January 2008
veggiesosage

Well, thank goodness you're here to tell us these things, we all could have made a terrible mistake
Old 14th January 2008

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Well we can all feel better now he's out of the way. Its nice to know someone is sorry for me though.
Old 15th January 2008
ptomsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by veggiesosage View Post
Well, thank goodness you're here to tell us these things, we all could have made a terrible mistake
See how much I am caring for you all
Old 15th January 2008

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I wonder why this chap's had to go round all the Olympus and 4/3 forums with the same post?
Old 15th January 2008

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Sometimes you need the services of this guy

http://www.kyoht.com/archive/images/...yGoatGruff.jpg
Old 15th January 2008

Liked 83 Times in 48 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellie View Post
I wonder why this chap's had to go round all the Olympus and 4/3 forums with the same post?
Sounds like FUD being spread by a non Olympus user.
Old 15th January 2008

Liked 875 Times in 355 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invicta View Post
Sounds like FUD being spread by a non Olympus user.
Yep and I'd bet he can't take a decent picture to save his life whatever camera he uses.
Old 15th January 2008
ptomsu

I must say one thing:

I am really surprised how deep some of the members are shooting back here. It is almost as if they are fighting in a religious way for the FT system and the E-3.

I will not start discussions about my or anyone else capabilities in terms of intelligence, photography etc. here.

Why not just take this as given that FT obviously crashed in my case, namely Pana and Olympus together. Maybe it was only my wrong lens, or something wrong in my E-3. Period.

I made this move and everybody here is free to make their own moves and decisions.

But I would really speak for a forum if also other decisions and opinions are accepted and not discussed to death.

Good luck!
Old 15th January 2008
PeterD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptomsu View Post
I must say one thing:

I am really surprised how deep some of the members are shooting back here. It is almost as if they are fighting in a religious way for the FT system and the E-3.

I will not start discussions about my or anyone else capabilities in terms of intelligence, photography etc. here.

Why not just take this as given that FT obviously crashed in my case, namely Pana and Olympus together. Maybe it was only my wrong lens, or something wrong in my E-3. Period.

I made this move and everybody here is free to make their own moves and decisions.

But I would really speak for a forum if also other decisions and opinions are accepted and not discussed to death.

Good luck!
Ptsomi,

We all make our choices and I respect yours. May I wish you good shooting for the future, whatever your preferences. At the end of the day the important thing is achieving images that YOU are happy with, whatever tools are used.

Good luck

PeterD

Last edited by PeterD; 15th January 2008 at 05:20 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 15th January 2008
OlyFlyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptomsu View Post
After some few thousand test shots mostly to figure out the AF reliability of my E-3 with Oly and non Oly FT lenses, I have decided that this was enough.

I was absolutely unsatisfied with all AF modes, especially under low light conditions. This simply did not work and did in best case produce unreliable results.

Thus I decided to give my E-3 and all FT gear I have back to my photo dealer and I am going back to Nikon again (thanks god I kept all my Nikon glass). I hope my D3 will arrive in some 2 months.

To all of you still suffering with the E-3 and it's issues, I wish you all the best and great patience with Oly hopefully solving these issues. And finally the results you expect.

For me this was my final try with FT and I will most likely never return to this pain again.
I think you should come to DPREVIEW and discuss there. I just handled the E-3 for the first time today, and only during about 15-25 and I am absolutely amazed. Especially the auto focus is amazingly good and fast. I tested with the ED50/f2 macro and the 14-54, and the camera with both lenses is just fenomenal. Of course, since I was not interested in the 12-60, that may be different, but I doubt.

So, my advice to you: If you want to be flamed, come and troll on DPR Oly dSLR forum. Of course, maybe you already are active troll over there, so you got tired of it. What's the point of coming here and tell all the people that Oly won't get you money? You really think we will jump ship because of you message?

Come on. Grow up. And if you really think the E-3 is that bad, why didn't you post a few images? As for the issues, well I may be crazy, but I didn't feel there were any. Of course, 15 minutes handling does not make me an expert, but considering I bought my E-500 without ever holding it before the box arrived and I already paid for, 15 minutes is an eternity, definitely enough for me to make up my mind. My verdict on the E-3: it is mine before April 2008, and I know we are going to be friends.
Old 15th January 2008

Liked 543 Times in 381 Posts

Sad thing is that the E3 has been rejected because an issue with a Panasonic lens. Who is to say which manufacturer is wrong - it could be a Panasonic issue
Old 15th January 2008
ptomsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlyFlyer View Post
I think you should come to DPREVIEW and discuss there. I just handled the E-3 for the first time today, and only during about 15-25 and I am absolutely amazed. Especially the auto focus is amazingly good and fast. I tested with the ED50/f2 macro and the 14-54, and the camera with both lenses is just fenomenal. Of course, since I was not interested in the 12-60, that may be different, but I doubt.

So, my advice to you: If you want to be flamed, come and troll on DPR Oly dSLR forum. Of course, maybe you already are active troll over there, so you got tired of it. What's the point of coming here and tell all the people that Oly won't get you money? You really think we will jump ship because of you message?

Come on. Grow up. And if you really think the E-3 is that bad, why didn't you post a few images? As for the issues, well I may be crazy, but I didn't feel there were any. Of course, 15 minutes handling does not make me an expert, but considering I bought my E-500 without ever holding it before the box arrived and I already paid for, 15 minutes is an eternity, definitely enough for me to make up my mind. My verdict on the E-3: it is mine before April 2008, and I know we are going to be friends.
Then be happy to have found the camera you like! I also had no bad experiences after 15min handling. Or do you think I would have sold my D2X then to ump on the Ft train with the E3 as my choice???

I hope for you that you will stay satisfied with the E3. And BTW, Oly already got my money for the E3, the 12-60 and the FL50R. The main reason behind were forums like this where people praise the quality of this FT standard as well as the hope to get a more lighter system than my Nikon. But now I happily traded that in for the D3. And I will not regret it.

AND - it was my own fault, I should have tested before buying :-))

Last edited by ptomsu; 15th January 2008 at 08:33 PM.
Closed Thread