Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Software

Software Discuss Olympus Master, Studio and Viewer software applications as well as third party programs like Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom, Apple Aperture, and others.

Old 2nd September 2009
Trausti Hraunfjord

Hdr html

Here a little something for those interested in HDR:

http://pfstools.sourceforge.net/hdrhtml.html#
Old 2nd September 2009
E-3 Enthusiast....:)

Liked 30 Times in 19 Posts
Re: Hdr html

Interesting Trausti, but I am not sure this is effective HDR. The resulting image is viewed as a layered composite of 'n' images with different opacities. This isn't really HDR though because the % transparency is applied to the entire image when it is really only needed on a section of it i.e. sky.

Not sure I've explained myself well there, but hope you get the gist of what I mean.

Old 2nd September 2009

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Interesting to see a different way of displaying a HDR image rather than simply using a more common tonemapped version, which by definition must be a truer way to display a HDR image on a LDR monitor. As far as I can see it's of limited use to photographers but I'm sure has more importance in scientific applications. That said the tonemapping and pfs calibration mentioned has grabbed my attention. I will definately explore this a little further if I can get my head around all the command line programming required. Thanks for the link Trausti
Old 3rd September 2009
Trausti Hraunfjord

I can see it as a useful tool, if there were added extra tools to work on it. Let's imagine a magic wand or a selecting tool being available.... move the slider to EV-4.7 f and select the sky to be used, move the slider to EV-0.3 f, again mark some areas off with the selecting tool, the sky is still showing it's appearance from before, move the slider to EV 0.7 f, select the rest of the image (or make more selections at different values), and hit save... and you get a copy of the result on your puter, blended together and nice.

This is still in it's infant shoes, and can only be expected to grow as time goes by. With the new possibilities worked into html, it may actually become the leading programming language in the world.