Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Nostalgia Nexus - early and pre-digital discussion

Nostalgia Nexus - early and pre-digital discussion Want to discuss the really early days of digital and even film - here is the place for you.

Old 1st February 2013
mike_j

Goodbye to an old friend

Having a clear out and my Kodak Carousel AV projector has to go. It has done sterling service, not just for my talks but pretty well every other organisation in the village. It has even run on auto all day, every day for weeks on end at exhibitions.

Now it's never used, the digital projector rules and I can't even give it away.
Old 1st February 2013
Administrator

Thanked 3,175 Times in 2,480 Posts
Liked 4,504 Times in 2,141 Posts
Re: Goodbye to an old friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_j View Post
Having a clear out and my Kodak Carousel AV projector has to go. It has done sterling service, not just for my talks but pretty well every other organisation in the village. It has even run on auto all day, every day for weeks on end at exhibitions.

Now it's never used, the digital projector rules and I can't even give it away.
It's a sad but inevitable consequence of progress; especially sad when it happens to what was once a very desirable and highly respected piece of kit like this.

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau
Old 1st February 2013

Liked 26 Times in 15 Posts
Re: Goodbye to an old friend

Hello Mike, I know what you mean I could never afford a Kodak projector so I went for the entry level Leica which like the Carousel is a brilliant bit of kit but is hardly ever used since I started scanning slides. I'm keeping it for the moment as it's the only Leica gear I'll ever be able to afford!