Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Show your photos > Looking for improvement

Looking for improvement This is the e-group critique board. If you post a picture here it will be assumed that you are looking for comprehensive technical feedback - both good and bad, but always respectful. Only post pictures here if you can deal with potentially negative constructive criticism. Anyone is qualified to comment and post feedback, and everyone is encouraged to do so. NB: "Looking for Improvement" is the place to post any pictures you would like advice on improving, no matter how bad you might think they are.

Old 24th February 2012

Liked 1,423 Times in 366 Posts
Re: Dirty knees

The exposure and colors are fine, the idea is good and the motif is definitely appropriate to put the idea on practice but I would have either have put the focus on the foreground flowers, or by pulling in the hyperfocal distance tried to achieve focus on both forground and background.

I would also have cropped the blurred foreground grass that does not add value.

What lens did you use? The EXIF is gone and I guess you used too large aperture. Can you check what the RAW file says?

For example, say you used the kit lens: at 14 mm and F/16 hyperfocal distance is 42 cm. You should be able to achieve focus from 38 cm to infinity. (according to DOF master tool).

Say you used the 12-60: 29 cm - infinity

With the 9-18: 16 cm - infinity

(People may argue if F/16 is beyond limit for diffraction)
Old 24th February 2012
Adam Easton

Thanks for your post.

I will go back and look at the EXIF and find out the info.
Old 24th February 2012
Adam Easton

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlemmingS View Post
You have given me inspiration to try shot this when spring comes
That nice!