Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Out of Focus area > The lounge

The lounge Relax, take a break from photo and camera talk - have a chat about something else for a change. Just keep it clean and polite!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 24th July 2019

Liked 130 Times in 72 Posts
Goodbye Flickr

Finally reached the end of my tether with Flickr. Unable to get into my account without making a new login and giving Yahoo access my details and images. It looks like they want me to create a Yahoo account, with Yahoo email address (which isn't going to happen as all my email addresses are within my own personal Domain). Then they are dictating what I can and can't have as a password - I have my passwords set my way so I can remember them easily.

I'm starting to get very irritated with social media (Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin and the likes of) wanting my personal details and images for what I perceive as for their commercial interest/gain, so I have started deleting/suspending my accounts.

Goodbye Flickr, I'll have to see if there's a way I can delete my account and images from your site. My images will only be viewable from my website (and those that are on this forum) from now on.

Sorry folks, rant over but I am really tired now of how these companies are using people for their own gains. I'm opting out.

Steve
The Following Users Liked This Post:
MJ224 (24th July 2019), Naughty Nigel (26th July 2019), OM USer (3 Weeks Ago), wornish (3 Weeks Ago)