Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Accessory talk > General accessories

General accessories Batteries, eye cups, power grips, straps, eyepiece magnifiers, cables, remotes and much more.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 21st August 2018

Liked 65 Times in 52 Posts
Advice on choice of large camera/lens storage bag

We are about to sell our large house that we have lived in for 21 years and retire to a smaller place somewhere near Devon's "English Riviera" coast. This would mean less space to store our personal stuff, including camera kit. I am paranoid about careful storage of kit when not in use and as we are more likely now to get guests and entertain, I cannot be too careful.

With that in mind, I am looking for a large case that would hold almost all of by equipment and yet not cost an arm & a leg. It does not have to be carried on all holidays & trips because I have a few smaller, older bags for that and will take only what I am likely to use. The big bag is mainly to keep my stuff safe when not in use and also to take with me when we move to our apartment in India for 3 or 4 winter months.

My kit consists of:
• Olympus OMD EM5 II Body
• Olympus PEN-F Body
• Olympus 12mm f2 lens
• Olympus 17mm f1.8 lens
• Sigma 30mm f1.4 lens
• Pan-Leica 42.5mm Nocticron lens
• Olympus 60mm f2.8 Macro lens
• Olympus 75mm f1.8 lens
• Olympus 8mm fisheye bodycap
• Olympus 7-14mm f2.8 PRO
• Olympus 14-150mm f4-5.6 II
• Panasonic 100-300mm f4-5.6 lens
• Olympus FL-600R flashgun
• Nissin i40 flashgun
• Other accessories like battery chargers, cables, spare AA batteries, slim filter case etc

I shopped around and the Think Tank Airport Commuter seems to be to fit the bill best. https://www.wexphotovideo.com/think-...muter-1594155/

As you can see, it has 3 rows of compartments and is quite spacious. At £175 it is reasonably priced. Can anyone here please give an opinion on that case or suggest another equally or more suitable? Thanks, as always.

PS: All my lenses and even bodies are in individual soft cases that take-up very little additional space. But the advantage is that I can place small lenses like the 12mm and 17mm in the same compartment, one on top of the other.