Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Out of Focus area > The lounge

The lounge Relax, take a break from photo and camera talk - have a chat about something else for a change. Just keep it clean and polite!

Old 6th November 2016

Thanked 1,281 Times in 1,112 Posts
Liked 522 Times in 392 Posts
Re: Chevvy ? What is she doing now ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by catkins View Post
Well hello to a name from a dim and distant past (only because my brain is well addled) - lovely to hear from you. And what a great update on what seems to be a full and fulfilling year. And the house and garden sounds a wonderful project ... I've spent many a year designing gardens so can well imagine the joy that you've been having from your new Old English pleasure garden!
All the best
Chris
Hi Chris thinking of you I have just planted loads of Bulbs ! Indian Lillies ; Snowdrops ; Daffodils large single and small "Tete a' Tete" in front of the large singles Allium Lilac & Purple ; Crocus bright orange Neride pink and Pansies 2 days of planting up Wooden Planters and borders for EVER that is what I like about Bulbs they are an investment for about 10 years of just weeding

Not much time this summer to enjoy the garden as living room ; dining and kitchen to complete BUT 2017 Look out my Rose beds I uprooted to pots last October at Winchester, got planted in a new bed (after I removed the 6ft plus of "Triffid overgrown Buddlia ; Holly ; Ivy and Massive giant Crocosmia" ... now just Roses ; Fuschia and French Butterfly Lavender and English Lavender Still have rose blooms even today with SNOW here this morning

I Lurve Walking in our Glorious Countryside; Photography;
Riding Ducati Motorbikes; Reading & Cooking ! ...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/photomagicf1_chevvy/sets/

the ONE photo album
Old 6th November 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Harwood View Post
Hi there Chevvy!

Great to see you are back, even if it is only part time due to all your other interests. Good luck with all your projects this year and I hope to see some more photos of the cottage as it progresses.

Cheers,

Ralph.

Hi Ralph, a wonderful and sad year here Barry passed away on our first morning living here in August - we learned about 11.30am on arriving back from breakfast at "1646 Cafe'" he had passed about 2.30 am !

We were all surprised and shocked, even though we knew it was to be. So we never actually celebrated moving in to our new home ... until his birthday 22nd October we light our Barry Fire ; BBQ'd Burgers and Sausages stoked the flames up in the fire and Toasted him - as his wife and in laws scattered his ashes in his most beloved place in the WHOLE world ... Namibia Desert at what is now Barry's Tree

Since then a family we looked after their 3 sons have bought a pub in Devon near us and dropped in on us, we broke open Champagne and celebrated living in Devon that day with them a very happy day for us all last Thursday

Norma came to stay with us the first few weekends for a break and much physical exercise ; we cycled along the Tarka Trail which is 5ft out the back gate ... 14 miles to Fremington Quay where Nick and a friend met us with lunch and tea at the table of the fab Cafe' THAT was a grand day we had a very happy time together

I enthuse rather a lot about life here in Devon Norma and I walked the River Torridge one day and saw 6 YES SIX Kingfishers - a pair flew towards us down the river and just above the Weir in front of us ... NO CAMERA between us ... we have Otters ; Herons ; Buzzards ; Kestrals ; Sparrowhawks a plenty on 365 acres of Torrington Commons which surround us - accessed from the back garden gate Huggy Henry is lurving Devon walks on The Commons and many Sunset time beach walks at Widemouth Bay ; Bude Crooklets and Westwood Ho!

Life is great ! we sleep "out for the count" each night due to the phenomenal amount of work we are doing here tomorrow, Monday the Chimney chaps are due here to install two Multi Fuel Burners (logs not quite enough in very cold winters or Christmas/New Year when we need to add a bit of Coal for higher calorific heat and to "keep the fire in" and Nick warm especially if no electric = no gas central heating and it is Helicopters who fly in the engineers here in the wilds of North Devon

I hope to start back with photography soon now the major works are done here just purchased a BEASTIE of a Desktop PC a HP Pavilion with 16Gb Ram de dah de dah

and a new car ! Micky the Merc Viano LWB Extended has gone to a new home at 10 years of age and 88,000 miles on the clock and the back seats "as new" still

the ONE photo album
Old 6th November 2016

Looking forward to posting here again soon and catching up with everyone here

my Fb is Chevvy Eaton if anyone wants to "meet there" or see recent works photo updates of our little "Project" that became quite HUGE ! in time ; materials and fun !

x hugs to all Chevvy, Nick and Mr Huggy Henry

the ONE photo album
The Following User Liked This Post:
art frames (6th November 2016)
Old 6th November 2016

Liked 542 Times in 380 Posts

Just in time to bring a Mark II EM1 into your stable.
Chevvyf1 (6th November 2016)
Old 6th November 2016

Thanked 1,529 Times in 1,453 Posts
Liked 1,449 Times in 926 Posts

Nice to hear from you again Chevvy.
Lenses (OM Fit): Vivitar Series II 28-105mm/F2.8-3.8, Sigma 21-35mm/F3.4-4.2, Sigma 35-70mm/F2.8-4, Sigma 75-200mm/F2.8-3.5, Vivitar Series II 100-500mm/F5.6-8.0, Centon 500mm/F8 Mirror
Learn something new every day
Old 6th November 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekW View Post
Just in time to bring a Mark II EM1 into your stable.

Derek, Hi Hope your both in rude health ? ... after the problems with the NEW OUT OM-D EM-1 way back in September 2013 to mid 2014 and then again in 2015 ... (which did my head for months, before it was finally accepted there was a FAULT each time and the failing camera returned for repair(s) ) ... I shall wait until enthusiastic early buyers have used the Mk II for at least 6 months before I purchase

However, I am "hankering over a decision to buy the 300 lens " mainly for a few trips over to Lundy in May to July 2017

And I am still getting used to my new Car recently purchased 2 sundays ago - which is a big deal to get used to as( unlike the Viano automatic) does not EVEN have a gearstick at all ... also just found out how to operate the CD Changer/load a CD ... off u-Tube ... so letting the Bank rest a bit after shelling it 10 for 2 Multi Fuel stoves ; chimney works etc., and VAT 20% ... and no time at present to do much photography as lots of painting to do this Autumn and into Winter after Christmas so that we are off out and about in the Motorhome from April 2017 lots

the ONE photo album
Old 6th November 2016

Thanked 1,155 Times in 1,030 Posts
Liked 1,234 Times in 804 Posts

Good to hear from you

Wee Man

What if the Hokey Cokey is what its all about?
Old 6th November 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wee man View Post
Good to hear from you

Wee Man
Ed luvverly to hear from you and i think (somewhere) I have an open envelope with some very nice stamps in it ... one of these days I shall find it and post on to you

the ONE photo album
The Following User Says Thank You to Chevvyf1 For This Useful Post:
Wee man (6th November 2016)