Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Camera conference > Olympus E-3

Olympus E-3 E-3 specific discussion.

Old 23rd November 2007

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Who's received their E-3 then?

Had mine on order from Warehouse Express. Rang them on Wednesday but they still could not tell me when the delivery would be. Rang Digital Depot Wednesday afternoon and they said they had some body only on stock . Cancelled my order with Warehouse Express and received my E3 from Digital Depot yesterday. Not had time to play with it due to work commitments.
Old 23rd November 2007
beardedwombat

Just had a call from Park cameras to say the E-3 + 12-60 won't be in till Monday. Let down by Olympus delivery service apparently. Too much to expect that they could deliver on a Saturday of course. I'm going to put the kettle on and sulk into my tea!
Old 23rd November 2007

Liked 44 Times in 30 Posts

Good news - Just picked mine up.
Bad news - gotta go out so can't try it out 'till tomorrow.

My 12-60 lens isn't in yet, delayed for some reason. Anyone else having this problem?

Never mind,at least I've got the camera!!
Old 23rd November 2007
Vokesie

Can anyone who has recieved their E-3 tell me if the camera and the lenses come in separate boxes or is a set package.

no that Im getting a lens kit its just the above post and what my retailer are saying are conflicting a bit, I have only brought a body, and waiting for it imapatiently.

the shop rang today and appologised for the delay, and said unfortunatly they have only recieved a couple of 12-35 kits, in and no body only kits

they did say earlier this week that they wernt expecting any body onlys until mid december
Old 23rd November 2007
emirpprime

Lots of sellers split packs etc to meet orders. But mine came in 2 seperate silver boxes, within one larger silver Kit box. I was given one of the boxes used to ship to the shop to carry it home as it was raining and there were 2 sizes, one for body only boxes and one for kit boxes, the point being they seem to be shipped to dealers as either kits or bodies, not made up by the dealer.
Though I suppose it is possible the lenses are delayed by Oly themselves and so they are letting the body parts of the kit go.
Body only boxes are shipping so I hope they get yours in soon!
Phil
Old 23rd November 2007
PeterD

Quote:
Originally Posted by beardedwombat View Post
Just had a call from Park cameras to say the E-3 + 12-60 won't be in till Monday. Let down by Olympus delivery service apparently. Too much to expect that they could deliver on a Saturday of course. I'm going to put the kettle on and sulk into my tea!
Got the same message. Ran out of Diesel warming up the car The dog is dissapointed and had to take him for a walk instead Made a urn of tea to drown my sorrows

PeterD
Old 23rd November 2007
PeterD

Unhappy Re: Who's received their E-3 then,strange week

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterD View Post
Great news. Gazumped again.

I hope to be using mine over the weekend too.

PeterD
Another few days delay. See my other post. Really dissappointed
Old 24th November 2007

Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
I have

Ordered on-line from DigitalDepot late thursday morning - in my hands 13:30 friday. Can't complain about the service.

Was going to leave it till march or so next year, but the temptation was too great.

Sorry - I know this is rubbing salt into waiting wounds.

Trying not to gloat

Nick
Old 24th November 2007
PeterD

Re: I have

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Temple-Fry View Post
Ordered on-line from DigitalDepot late thursday morning - in my hands 13:30 friday. Can't complain about the service.

Was going to leave it till march or so next year, but the temptation was too great.

Sorry - I know this is rubbing salt into waiting wounds.

Trying not to gloat

Nick

The penalty shall be some uploaded images over the weekend using the E3.

Seriously Nick, I'm glad for you - Enjoy

PeterD
Old 26th November 2007
PeterD

Unhappy Re: Who's received their E-3 then?

Hi,

Just contacted Park Cameras.

More bad news I am afraid. The E3 + 12-60 kit lens may be in today or tomorrow. Even if its today, it will be delivered to the warehouse and then shipped to the shop before we get a chance to buy.

I've got to drive over from Portsmouth so my chances of getting hold of it today is becoming very uncertain. Can't blame Park Cameras but I do blame Olympus. They promised to deliver last Friday.

Now, where's that drink.........

PeterD
Old 26th November 2007
PeterD

Smile Re: I have

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterD View Post
The penalty shall be some uploaded images over the weekend using the E3.

Seriously Nick, I'm glad for you - Enjoy

PeterD
Nick,

Please cheer me up. How did you get on with your kit over the weekend?

PeterD
Old 26th November 2007
Vokesie

Talking I have got my camera, and this is a true story

My wife has stitched me up a treat

This morning at 9am, I was reading this forum and expressing my disgust loudly at the fact that people were getting their E-3s and I wasn’t, as I re-entered the bedroom I whinged at my wife who turned to me and said “that’s It I have had enough” and produced a nice and shiny Olympus box containing my camera, “what the bloody hell are you doing with that” was my reply,

She had picked it up last Wednesday and told the shop if i rang to say that it has been delayed” She said “I was going to keep it until xmas but you were becoming unbearable”

What a big set up by both the company where I got it from and my wife. I can’t believe they have managed to do this to me, whole weekend of moansing and groaning, and to think she was goining to wait another month to give it to me

I have now got the camera but working this afternoon. So not going to be able use it until the weekend. Though I may take it into work with my job may some of the pics may make interesting viewing.
Old 26th November 2007

Liked 855 Times in 282 Posts
Re: I have got my camera, and this is a true story

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vokesie View Post
My wife has stitched me up a treat

This morning at 9am, I was reading this forum and expressing my disgust loudly at the fact that people were getting their E-3s and I wasn’t, as I re-entered the bedroom I whinged at my wife who turned to me and said “that’s It I have had enough” and produced a nice and shiny Olympus box containing my camera, “what the bloody hell are you doing with that” was my reply,

She had picked it up last Wednesday and told the shop if i rang to say that it has been delayed” She said “I was going to keep it until xmas but you were becoming unbearable”

What a big set up by both the company where I got it from and my wife. I can’t believe they have managed to do this to me, whole weekend of moansing and groaning, and to think she was goining to wait another month to give it to me

I have now got the camera but working this afternoon. So not going to be able use it until the weekend. Though I may take it into work with my job may some of the pics may make interesting viewing.
That's much better than one of my jokes.

Where's the pic?

Regards. Barr1e
Old 26th November 2007

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Cruel, bet you didn't know whether to laugh or cry

Enjoy it, it took me a couple of days to settle in with mine, but it's nicely set-up now and has some great touches. A few negatives but nothing to worry about.

I haven't had a chance to try mine in anger what with shift work and wet & grey weather.

Richard
Old 26th November 2007
emirpprime

Re: I have got my camera, and this is a true story

Congratulations! Looks like there's a good reason for being a moaner
Good service from the company too
Enjoy it!
Phil