Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Camera conference > Olympus E-3

Olympus E-3 E-3 specific discussion.

Old 6th November 2008

Liked 959 Times in 371 Posts
Re: Lock up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuiko View Post
Any pics from the course BTW?
Give us a chance, I'm worn out
Up before dawn, out till after dark. Four different beds in 9 days.
It is taking me an age to download the pics but when I have edited some I will post 'em.
Old 6th November 2008
Administrator

Thanked 3,175 Times in 2,480 Posts
Liked 4,504 Times in 2,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapper View Post
Give us a chance, I'm worn out
Up before dawn, out till after dark. Four different beds in 9 days.
It is taking me an age to download the pics but when I have edited some I will post 'em.
Oh you poor thing! I'm soooo glad I only had to spend a few hours a day slacking in the bank where I work while poor old you had to do all that!

Seriously, Dave, I know what you mean. Get some well-earned rest and we'll just be patient!

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there — even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau
Old 7th November 2008
klian787

Hi Sapper, I was having this problem with the E-3 locking up regardless of default or user settings, the camera controls would refuse to function and only the top LCD would remain on. Sometimes turning the camera on/off was sufficient, other times I had to remove the batteries to get it working again.

Regularly in sequential shooting the camera would lock with the mirror up, in this case on removing the batteries and reinserting them it would take about ten minutes before you could switch it back on, suggesting the camera was over heating.

Over time it got worse, Pro Support in Germany is fantastic and suggested I sent it back to OLYMPUS, they replaced the exposure system. Due to my bad experience with UK Service, I suggest you list what you return with the E-3 and take photos of your camera and how you package it. Read my post “Poor Service”

Ian