Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Lens focus > Telephoto

Telephoto Lenses with focal lengths longer than 60mm.

Old 12th September 2012

Liked 35 Times in 18 Posts
40-150 autofocus motor.....

Hi folks,
i am after a bit of advice regarding the above lens.
I have just got myself a lovely E520 with the above lens and am very happy with them.
The lens focuses correctly,but the motor is a bit noisy.Is this normal on this lens or is there any maintainance (e.g lubrication) required.I am not too bothered about it but if it's a solvable problem i would like to do so.

Thanks

Phil
Old 12th September 2012

Liked 38 Times in 24 Posts
No, there's no servicing I'm aware of. The noise, at least on the mkII version, should be louder than the 14-42, i.e., loud enough to be heard ten feet away in a quiet room, but certainly not so loud as, say, the 70-300. One of the nice things about this lens is that it can be replaced cheaply, if needed.
Old 12th September 2012

Liked 35 Times in 18 Posts
Re: 40-150 autofocus motor.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewart G View Post
No, there's no servicing I'm aware of. The noise, at least on the mkII version, should be louder than the 14-42, i.e., loud enough to be heard ten feet away in a quiet room, but certainly not so loud as, say, the 70-300. One of the nice things about this lens is that it can be replaced cheaply, if needed.

thanks Stewart....the noise is not obtrusive enough to warrent changing it,and the image quality is terrific.I suppose being an engineer if i hear something making a mechanical noise it must need lubricating lol