Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Camera conference > Micro Four Thirds > Olympus Pen Mini E-PM1

Olympus Pen Mini E-PM1 The third of Olympus' third-generation Micro Four Thirds Pens and the smallest and lightest yet!

Old 18th February 2018

Liked 959 Times in 371 Posts
Should i get one

I mentioned in another forum that my wife uses a bridge camera a=which is too slow to take pics of the grandkids. I have seen a Pen mini E on the auction site at a good price and wonders about focusing in low light, like indoors.
I could get her a EM 5 as suggested, but I think it would be wasted money. For most of what she does, the bridge camera is fine.
Anyone like to comment on the speed of AF when used in domestic indoors?
Old 18th February 2018

Thanked 1,257 Times in 942 Posts
Liked 6,007 Times in 1,955 Posts
Re: Should i get one

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapper View Post
I mentioned in another forum that my wife uses a bridge camera a=which is too slow to take pics of the grandkids. I have seen a Pen mini E on the auction site at a good price and wonders about focusing in low light, like indoors.
I could get her a EM 5 as suggested, but I think it would be wasted money. For most of what she does, the bridge camera is fine.
Anyone like to comment on the speed of AF when used in domestic indoors?
If you want to spend the money the latest RX100 (V) has superb AF and is very compact with great image quality.
Portfolio Site
Instagram
Old 18th February 2018

Liked 1,687 Times in 1,086 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdk42 View Post
If you want to spend the money the latest RX100 (V) has superb AF and is very compact with great image quality.
But Sony service for this range of cameras is execrable!

There's a forum with multiple posts of users of the MK 1 version of the camera complaining that their camera switches on spontaneously. First of all Sony said it was a user problem and that it couldn't happen. Then when a user posted a YouTube video of a camera sitting on a desk switched off, then switching on spontaneously with the lens extending, Sony ignored it and further postings.

I'd never get a Sony product after seeing the above example of their 'service'!

Jim
Old 20th February 2018

Liked 704 Times in 373 Posts

It's so sad that Oly stopped their Stylus 1. A fellow photographer uses it to cover the events in church and is happy with the long zoom, small size and constant f2.8.

All my garbage so far.
The Following User Liked This Post:
Carl (25th March 2018)