Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Software

Software Discuss Olympus Master, Studio and Viewer software applications as well as third party programs like Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom, Apple Aperture, and others.

Old 24th January 2017

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
On1 Browse / Affinity Photo and .orf files?

Hi
Iím new here so please be gentle. I used to use a Pentax Kr that shot native .dng files. I am switching soon to an EM1, I use Affinity Photo and On1 Raw on a Mac. On1 Browse will not view or work with .orf files, it does with .dng!
My question is this -
What workflow do you suggest I adopt from the start, rather than chopping and changing all the time?
Use Adobe DNG converter to batch change .orf files to .dng or use the Olympus software to convert the .orf files ( if it does?) to .dng. Then work on the .dngs in my post processing software?
Also, what would be your preferred archive file format for long term storage of stock photo images?
Many thanks allÖ..
Old 24th January 2017

Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Re: On1 Browse / Affinity Photo and .orf files?

I use an OMD 5 MkII plus Affinity, is sees and reads the orf files happily plus it also sees and reads ones from older Olympus digital cameras.

The only other thing I occasionally use is Olympus Viewer 3 which is their RAW file converter usually shipped with new cameras, it works OK, I find it a little clunky to use but it is OK.

I have not used On 1 so can't pass any comment on it.

Kit: Olympus OM4, OMD E5 MkII And some other junk to make it all work.