Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Out of Focus area > The lounge

The lounge Relax, take a break from photo and camera talk - have a chat about something else for a change. Just keep it clean and polite!

Old 14th May 2008
OlyFlyer

Mark Bullock has left the building...

Since there has been some threads regarding the problems at T5 earlier on, in case you did not know, Mark Bullock has resigned. Are problems geting fixed if one person gets hanged? No, not in my opinion, but some people feel good when they can excercise some revenge, and I can see he is getting the blame.
Old 14th May 2008
Scapula Memory

Re: Mark Bullock has left the building...

Well Bullock, Noyes and Kirkwood were being paid an awful lot of money to make sure the opening of T5 was to go smoothly. These are the people who failed to heed the warnings from front line operational staff who fed back the results of the disastrous trials. In Particular BAA treat Heathrow as a shopping mall with a couple of runways bolted on. They the BAA need to be removed from Heathrow for the good of the airport.

They should have listened. But hanging them out to dry may not be enough but you have to start somewhere. Some of the real culprits however look like they may have got away with it ( as usual ) but time will tell.

T5 however has improved a heck of a lot, but there is still some way to go.
Old 14th May 2008

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I think it's a pity that anybody's had to resign.

I spotted something on the BBC news site at the weekend about international passengers missing immigration checks because it's so easy to wander from one area to another. I suppose eventually there'll be barriers to stop it happening again.
Old 15th May 2008

Liked 1,614 Times in 1,033 Posts

Shouldn't Heathrow now be called 'Fila del Brezo', seeing as BAA is a Spanish company?

Jim
Old 16th May 2008
Scapula Memory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellie View Post
I think it's a pity that anybody's had to resign.

I spotted something on the BBC news site at the weekend about international passengers missing immigration checks because it's so easy to wander from one area to another. I suppose eventually there'll be barriers to stop it happening again.
I found out what this was, and it was it was down to 2 mistakes ( unfamiliarity ) made by staff which on their own respectively would not have been an issue but put them together and..... But International passengers and domestic passengers are segregated and cannot wander into each others areas. More disturbing is that foreign airside workers do not have to undergo the strict CRC vetting that the rest of us have to do because the DOT say it is to much bother.