Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Show your photos > Looking for improvement

Looking for improvement This is the e-group critique board. If you post a picture here it will be assumed that you are looking for comprehensive technical feedback - both good and bad, but always respectful. Only post pictures here if you can deal with potentially negative constructive criticism. Anyone is qualified to comment and post feedback, and everyone is encouraged to do so. NB: "Looking for Improvement" is the place to post any pictures you would like advice on improving, no matter how bad you might think they are.

Old 18th May 2010
Woody

Bee Eaters. Yala National Park, Sri Lanka 2

Hi all

Trying again as the last file was too small.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bee-Eaters.jpg (85.7 KB, 34 views)
Old 18th May 2010

Liked 15 Times in 14 Posts
Re: Bee Eaters. Yala National Park, Sri Lanka 2

Your shot came up a lot bigger this time - fantastic colours, looks like an amazing trip.
Old 19th May 2010
Woody

Thanks, it was. Some 350 photos but don't worry, I won't be posting more of them.

Just getting to grips with Photoshop so I think I've worked out how to re-size for the web now !
Old 19th May 2010

Liked 180 Times in 120 Posts

Beautiful birds aren't they. You had more luck with a blue sky in your leopard shot than I did
Jane and I were there with Exodus in March, but still not been able to sort through the photos as yet unfortunately.
Were you there independently, or with one of the organised groups?

The nearest I have to a home page.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/peak4/
They're Watching You!
Old 20th May 2010
Woody

Bill

We were there independently. Took a 2 day excursion to Yala and elected to have our own private car (only 20 extra). Luckily our driver knew a good guide, so he organised us a land rover with a guide and spotter all to ourselves.

Original of Bee Eaters is now a 16" x 12" print on our wall and amazed at the detail with the Zuiko kit ED 40-150 zoom. Next time we do a similar trip I'm tempted to hire one of the Top Pro 300mm lenses, if a Zuiko kit lens is this good, I can't wait to see how a Zuiko Top Pro lens performs