Olympus UK E-System User Group
Olympus UK E-System User Group

Join our unique resource for Olympus Four Thirds E-System DSLR and Pen and OM-D Micro Four Thirds photographers. Show your images via our free e-group photo gallery. Please read the e-group.uk.net forum terms and conditions before posting for the first time. Above all, welcome!

Go Back   Olympus UK E-System User Group > Cameras, lenses and system accessories > Accessory talk

Accessory talk Those important extra system components.

Old 29th June 2011

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
My new Lowepro Mini Trekker AW

...Just arrived today, so I thought I post a pic of my kit stashed in it so that others can see what it holds:

CIMG6922.jpg

Contents - Main compartment:
E-1 with attached ZD 40-150 MkI; E-620 with ZD 14-54 MkI; ZD 17.5-45 (with 52>58 step up ring); HLD-5 grip for E-620; BCS-1 & BCM-1 chargers and plug; OM 50mm 1.8; OM 50mm 1.4; FL-36R; Various filters/cases; body/rear caps.

I have three padded dividers left, two of which can go over the fitted lenses to hold them in position, the third I've just wedged between the two chargers.

Pockets: Cables; Card reader; instruction books etc.

Cost was 25.01 posted off Ebay, listed as used but it's brand new!

This will be my 'carry all' bag but I still have my smaller Lowepro Altus 160 which will hold one body/lens and another two lenses for when I need to travel a little lighter!

--------------------------
Old 29th June 2011

Liked 135 Times in 43 Posts
Re: My new Lowepro Mini Trekker AW

I had the Mini Trekker some time ago after reading so many rave reviews from people about it, but was sorely disappointed by it due to the awkward access to any of the kit at any time - it always had to come off your back/shoulder, and down to the ground to start unfastening it to retrieve anything - it is surprising how much it holds for a relatively small backpack though.....
Old 29th June 2011

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DekHog View Post
I had the Mini Trekker some time ago after reading so many rave reviews from people about it, but was sorely disappointed by it due to the awkward access to any of the kit at any time - it always had to come off your back/shoulder, and down to the ground to start unfastening it to retrieve anything - it is surprising how much it holds for a relatively small backpack though.....
I do see it more as a transporter of kit than something to carry casually wherever I go, that's what I'll keep the small top loader bag for.

What do you use to overcome these shortcomings Derek?

--------------------------
Old 29th June 2011

Liked 135 Times in 43 Posts

I ended up with the Lowepro Fastpack which I was delighted with - easy access by just slinging it off one shoulder and a great amount of room as well....
Old 29th June 2011

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I bought the Lowepro pro runner 450 which appears to be similar in size to the Min Trekker. It is just too big for day to day use so I tend to chuck all my gear into it and put it into the boot of the car,and then when I actually go togging transfer what I actually need into a smaller 'Chinese' version.

People may not remember exactly what you did, or what you said, but they will always remember how you made them feel.