View Single Post
Old 2nd February 2019

Liked 1,259 Times in 720 Posts
Re: Photography Show 2019 - Can we manage to meet up this year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phill D View Post
As far as camera cleaning is concerned didn't have mine done last year as it was only a year old and haven't noticed anything dirty this year either so is it worth getting a clean? How often should you get them cleaned is probably a difficult question regarding use I guess. Just wondered how often you guys cleaned your cameras?
Iíve had them done once a year at the NEC for quite a few times now. Yes, Olympus sensors are amazingly good at throwing off dust, and visible issues on images are rare and usually transient, but it will build up on the sticky pads in the bodies.

Whatís the downside of getting it done?

I have used my cameras in some extremely dusty environments on safari game drives on most years, when every external nook and cranny has had visible dust at the end of each day. Removing that is surely a good thing, since if any of it gets internally it risks shutter wear etc plus wear to the bayonet and controls.

They also clean lenses (I believe they do some dismantling if more than a little internal dust is visible) and, again, getting it all out of the moveable parts of lenses is surely a no-brainer?

------------------------------
http://www.microcontrast.com
Too much Oly gear.
Panasonic 12-32, 12-35, 15. Laowa 7.5.
Assorted legacy lenses, plus a Fuji X70 & a Sony A7S.
The Following User Says Thank You to drmarkf For This Useful Post:
Phill D (2nd February 2019)
The Following User Liked This Post:
Phill D (2nd February 2019)