View Single Post
Old 12th May 2015

Thanked 1,314 Times in 1,028 Posts
Liked 2,079 Times in 1,126 Posts
E-M1 firmware 3.1 to come in June

http://www.olympus.com.au/Olympus/me...ss-Release.pdf (from Olympus Australia website)

The part I like for the E-M1 is this (if I ever get to do it ).
Enhanced visibility through EVF and LCD screen for night sky or starscape photography with new LV Boost II setting (E-M1 v3.1 only; EM5 Mark II already has this function)
Quote:
SYDNEY – 12 May 2015
Olympus Corporation is pleased to announce that a new camera firmware for the flagship Olympus OM-D E-M1 will be available in June 2015. Version 3.1 firmware update, adds new functionality for advanced underwater and starscape photography. Firmware Version 1.2 for the E-M5 Mark II, will be simultaneously launched that provides similar improvements for underwater photography. The new Underwater Picture Mode enables significantly better user control over key camera settings for underwater photography. The
separate wide and macro underwater (UW) picture modes of earlier firmware versions are replaced by this single ‘unified’ picture mode. In addition to white balance, exposure, and flash compensation you can now adjust aperture and shutter speed in the P/A/S/M exposure settings for enhanced control of imaging results. This dedicated picture mode helps capture underwater photos with the perfect balance of vivid colours and natural underwater blue hues. A higher visibility Live View setting, “LV Boost II” has been added to the
OM-D E-M1 for improved visibility through the Electronic Viewfinder or LCD screen for night sky or starscape photography. This setting can be applied to the Live Composite or the manual exposure modes. These new firmware updates have been timed to coincide with the launch of the M.Zuiko Digital ED 7-14mm f2.8 PRO and M.Zuiko Digital ED 8mm f1.8 Fisheye PRO lenses that have been long awaited by underwater and night sky photo enthusiasts.
Cameras: OM-D E-M1 & Mk II, Olympus Stylus 1, OM-D E-M5.
Lenses: M.ZD12-40mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD40-150mm f2.8 PRO Lens, MC-14, MC-20, M.ZD12-50, M.ZD60 Macro, M.ZD75-300 Mk II, MMF-3, ZD14-54 II, Sigma 150mm F2.8 APO Macro DG HSM.
Flashes: FL36R X2, FL50R, FL50.
Software: Capture One Pro 10 (& Olympus Viewer 3).
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ross the fiddler For This Useful Post:
DavyG (15th May 2015), Graptolite (13th May 2015), Johnqdiver (19th May 2015), OM USer (15th May 2015)
The Following User Liked This Post:
Johnqdiver (19th May 2015)