View Single Post
Old 8th June 2014

Thanked 1,309 Times in 1,024 Posts
Liked 2,066 Times in 1,119 Posts
Re: WARNING: E-M1 Camera body eyelet has come away from camera body!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricoh View Post
Not exactly a great design solution. Perhaps better if the fasteners were inverted and screwed into tapped inserts (or helicoil inserts) in the casting. Although aesthetically less pleasing it would allow for user maintenance and peace of mind. Using the correct torque and anti-vibration techniques it shouldn't fail. Also consider one left hand thread and the other right hand to increase the number of failure modes required for breaking free.
One has also got to hope the threads haven't stripped (with screws a little short). That would be more worrying to me! I think if I'm going to keep heavier lenses on the camera with tripod mount I may be tempted to use a sling strap for the lens (tripod mount) & neck strap for the camera body & that way it should be fine. The only lens I have that fits that bill is the Sigma 150 macro lens which may not be practical to use a strap at all for macro shots.
Cameras: OM-D E-M1 & Mk II, Olympus Stylus 1, OM-D E-M5.
Lenses: M.ZD12-40mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD40-150mm f2.8 PRO Lens, MC-14, MC-20, M.ZD12-50, M.ZD60 Macro, M.ZD75-300 Mk II, MMF-3, ZD14-54 II, Sigma 150mm F2.8 APO Macro DG HSM.
Flashes: FL36R X2, FL50R, FL50.
Software: Capture One Pro 10 (& Olympus Viewer 3).
The Following User Liked This Post:
catkins (8th June 2014)