View Single Post
Old 2nd January 2010
catherine

Question anybody know how to help? E-410

I bought an E-410 a few years back, it was fairly cheap (I got the single lens kit), but I know very little about photography. I get the basic functions and things but there are some things which always annoy me;
. Sunsets, or photos with the sun in never ever ever come out right the sun just whites out, with previous cheaper cameras the sunset has always come out well but it's annoying when the sun is just a white blur.
. Night photography is always too yellow, red and/or bluury even with a slow shutter and tripod.
. Shooting in relatively dim conditions never comes out well either, even in the "candlelight" mode.
Those are the main problems I have it with it. I'm going to Africa and South America for a gap year as of september and really would like to take some great photos without having to buy new kit for it. Are there anythings I can do, settings, changing things, different filters? And has anybody else had these problems.

P.S . I don't know if this makes any difference but I only have 1 lens; 14-42mm

attached are two examples of the sun blurring white, and the moon blurring yellow.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P8054704.jpg (92.8 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg P8054756.jpg (67.8 KB, 27 views)