View Single Post
Old 6th April 2011

Thanked 1,281 Times in 1,112 Posts
Liked 522 Times in 392 Posts
Wherwell Chocolate Box Thatched Cottage & Roses

I am not sure if this is a Thatched Cottage with Roses or Roses with a Thatched Cottage ?

This is the "extension" at the far right ...

This is the view opposite and left a bit - opposite over the bridge takes you to a FAB Gate Lodge (great Architecture) and another bridge over the river where Swans nest and lots of Finches are.

The Water Pump outside - still works !

Wherwell (pronounced whirrull) in Hampshire, is a few miles north of Winchester and a small village with great Countryside walks; Fab Cottages and PUB for photos of Ducks & Swans on the river through the Common (with a wooden walkway over); Landscapes to die for; the Old Manor too with horses in fields; Pheasants; Deer & Rabbits... and a fab Pub with top class food (The White Lion). Its a great day out at not even parking cost. If anyone wants to meet there I am happy to take you on a walkabout. Some hills involved most of the homes are Thatched Cottages.

This Rose

Comes from this bud

THIS is one of my all time favourites

and this one

This Peach Peace is maybe best from sideview? Just look at the size of this bloom

or not ?

and a Pink one ...

Sorry for quality - but these were taken when we were on motorbikes off to Marlborough and the Cottage was in shade One day I must go back when the suns at the front ...

Perhaps Lyn aka Floribunda can name these ? Lyn I hope you enjoy ? If you ever come to the UK it must be end of May and early June and I can take you to see some of the MOST AWESOME Rose collections
I Lurve Walking in our Glorious Countryside; Photography;
Riding Ducati Motorbikes; Reading & Cooking ! ...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/photomagicf1_chevvy/sets/

the ONE photo album