View Single Post
Old 15th May 2015

Thanked 1,344 Times in 1,049 Posts
Liked 2,225 Times in 1,175 Posts
Re: Viewfinder eye cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart444 View Post
I hadn't realised that other models of eyecup fit it as when searching for a replacement it's the only one I saw advertised for the M5ii. Do you know which other models fit it? I didn't find this one particularly useful, so I might try a different one if others will fit.

Yes, I suppose so, I don't want to risk invalidating the guarantee. I do wish it locked on a bit more securely, though.

I will have to modify my camera bag as it's the act of taking it in and out of the foam padding that causes it to be dislodged.
That's the same for medical conditions. People often worry about the symptoms & forget about the cause, so it is probably a very good idea to deal with the cause, of taking it out of your bag. I found the same problem & a bag that won't drag on protruding parts has got to be a better solution to start with.

As far as the eyecup is concerned, the standard EP-15 Eyecup only fits the E-M5 II along with the EP-16 large eyecup. I would be interested to know if they could physically fit on the E-M1, but may sit too high for proper access to the Accessories Port (between the EVF & hotshoe) as the E-M10 eyecup does on the E-M5.
Cameras: OM-D E-M1 & Mk II, Olympus Stylus 1, OM-D E-M5.
Lenses: M.ZD7-14mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD12-40mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD40-150mm f2.8 PRO Lens, MC-14, MC-20, M.ZD45mm f1.8, M.ZD12-50, M.ZD60 Macro, M.ZD75-300 Mk II, MMF-3, ZD14-54 II, Sigma 150mm F2.8 APO Macro DG HSM.
Flashes: FL36R X2, FL50R, FL50.
Software: Capture One Pro 10 (& Olympus Viewer 3).