View Single Post
Old 27th June 2018

Liked 533 Times in 193 Posts
Re: My first proper Pro-Capture play

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave in Wales View Post
Great pictures, the pigeon is to die for.

I'm just wondering where P-C fits in vs conventional C-AF ?

As an aside Mike, would you mind sharing with us your PP secrets for producing such wonderfully sharp web images.

TIA

Dave

Thanks for the kind words Dave, i think the PC fits in when say a bird is flying towards you, by the time you get focus press the button and the shutter fires the bird is no longer in the same place, PC gives you a selection of shots from before during and after you pressed the button.

The same principle would apply to the fish, with the goose it wasnt needed unless you want 18 fps.

Not sure what to say about the PP, i use a very basic workflow, raw goes into ACR i click auto and see what it gives me, if i like it i take the image in to photo shop if i don't i click auto off and then go into photo shop.

In photshop i some times lift the shadows and then adjust the curves, i mainly save to 1024 for web, that can give a false impression of sharpness.

Some times i give them about 15/20% unsharp mask but if i am doing that i select the subject and only give it to the subject,i may then (like the top pigeon) invert the selection and apply noise reduction to the background, or lens blur.

I never use noise reduction on the main subject and the only sharpening i give is the preset 21% in ACR and a possible unsharp mask,then when ime resizeing the file i use bicubic sharper.
The Following User Says Thank You to mik For This Useful Post:
Dave in Wales (28th June 2018)
The Following User Liked This Post:
MJ224 (27th June 2018)