View Single Post
Old 22nd February 2018

Liked 1,521 Times in 752 Posts
Re: Political: We're doomed, Captain Mannering...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuiko View Post
It is my opinion (and it can only be an opinion because our incompetent Government have failed to do any impact assessments) that what we gain in savings from our EU budget contributions will be more than wiped out by lost trade. I really, really hope that you are proved right and I am forced to eat humble pie, but from where I am standing we are about to take a huge gamble on our future prosperity with the odds stacked firmly against us.

The UK needs the confidence to go out in the big bad world beyond the EU and fight its corner to make us succeed. We don't need to hang on the shirttails of anyone.

Of course I hope and believe the leavers are right. I certainly won't stop fighting for my country its served me and my family well. Cant say that EU membership has done a single thing that benefits us. When I ask questions on this thread about what the EU will be like going forward no one answers. But they do have answers for what will happen if we leave even thirty years out ! Strange isn't it.

Remainers seem to want the UK to just give up and be a group of subservient regional councils in an undemocratic failing entity that only wants our money and to punish anyone who dares to disagree.

Seen that before in history somewhere .....?

My Flickr
The Following User Says Thank You to wornish For This Useful Post:
The Following User Liked This Post:
Johnheatingman (22nd February 2018)