Thread: Impulse buy
View Single Post
Old 6th June 2013

Liked 53 Times in 34 Posts
Re: Impulse buy

Snap!!

I spotted a Mint condition second-hand black E-P3 with 14-42mm lens at Mifsuds for £249.95, confirmed its condition and bought it last Monday... But when it arrived on Tuesday I found it was an E-PL3!! It certainly was in Mint condition, in its original box along with an extra battery and lens hood, but not what I wanted so I phoned them back to explain I'd been sent the wrong camera. I was hoping they'd just sent the wrong one since the website had certainly quoted it as an E-P3, but no joy. The guy I'd spoken to hadn't realised he was looking at an E-PL3 while I was asking about an E-P3!!

They told me to post it back and promised to refund my payment and postage costs. But I still wanted to replace my Lumix GF2 with a black E-P3, so I hit the websites again and found Jessops selling new black E-P3s with the 14-42mm lens for £399.99. (Why can't they just say £400??) It arrived this morning and looks great. Now all I've got to do is get it set up as I want and it'll be a great supplement to my E-M5!

The LCD screen looks sharp, but I'll be thinking about the new VF-4 viewfinder for times when the sun washes out the LCD screen. (And wondering why Olympus never supply lens pouches, lens hoods or viewfinder cases like Panasonic do!) The 14-42mm lens even comes with a rather shoddy push-on rear cap rather than the usual bayonet fitting rear caps on my other Olympus lenses!

Just in time for my hols!!

Chris

Black OM-D E-M1 MkII, Silver PEN-F, Black Lumix GX7, and too many lenses!
The Following User Says Thank You to CJJE For This Useful Post:
Imageryone (6th June 2013)