View Single Post
Old 23rd May 2019

Liked 895 Times in 408 Posts
Re: Another very rare butterfly having a good year

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnGG View Post
Excellent images

I wish Olympus would make a MFT equivalent of the Sigma 150mm f/2.8 FT lens, compatible with the 1.4x & 2x converters, weather sealed and compatible with pro-capture. The Sigma lens is very sharp but is glacially slow if trying to shoot continuously. The 60mm f/2.8 is too short for shots of nervous insects but the Pana-Leica 100-400mm f/4-6.3 is not bad for larger butterflies.

Cheers,

JohnGG
I had the sigma 150 macro for 4/3 and sold it when I was moving to all micro four thirds. It was slow and not really consistent with autofocus.

A longer macro lens on m4/3 would be very welcome, but I don't see it happening. Panasonic and Olympus have been asked many times. Sigma don't seem interested in this small market.

I have a metabones adapter so can fit canon lenses to micro four thirds and have a friend trying to get me a loan copy of the Sigma 180 macro which I want to try out. It may work. But it will probably not be fast enough.

The 100-400 close focus distance is a little too far away for me. i know it works to a point, but I want the chance to get closer as well as have close telephoto use. Olympus does that well on a few lenses, but just seem to miss my perfect lens. A number of lenses on the future roadmap seem to be of interest.

You can see some of my things on Flickr