View Single Post
Old 22nd June 2017

Liked 2,818 Times in 959 Posts
Re: Starkly dead tree

Quote:
Originally Posted by chorleyjeff View Post
Thanks for post.
I accepted at the beginning that there is a sharpness problem. I intended to focus on the tree but evidently I did not. Another reason to go back.
Have to say I am not keen on the mono. The black hole in the middle background is too stark for my taste and somehow the dead trees to the sides seem more pronounced than in my version and take my attention from the centre tree. It's all a matter of taste I think.
I spent years in my darkroom printing monochrome and I now so much enjoy the freedom in Lightroom to easily edit colour that I seldom revert to monochrome unless I can see a good reason to do so.
Jeff
Jeff
I said it was clumsy edit so accept that it is not the best that could be produced but it was not a great start point so I did not give it my best efforts.
As a long time printer I am sure you work out to sort this I will leave you to it.
OMD E-M1 OMD E-M5II MMF3 12-40 pro 12-50 EZ 14-42 EZ 9-18 f4.0 -5.6 40 -150f4-f5.6 R 60mm f2.8 macro Sigma 105 f2.8 macro Holga 60mm plastic Holga pinhole lens lens and a XZ-1 Olympus - 35 SP Trip 35 Pen EEs OM2sp

I nice view does not mean a good photograph. My FLickr