View Single Post
Old 8th February 2019
Administrator

Thanked 3,161 Times in 2,469 Posts
Liked 4,469 Times in 2,123 Posts
Re: Political Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naughty Nigel View Post
I'm afraid I have decided to take a break from this forum altogether.

I am more than happy to discuss politics, religion and all the other taboos, but I am so sick and tired of the negativity recently that I would really rather be out of it altogether.

I have tried to lighten the mood and to provide some positivity, but every single post is met with deep negativity, sardonicism and vitriol by individuals who refuse to acknowledge the weaknesses of their own leaders.

I didn't particularly want Brexit, but my biggest fear right now is the bunch of anarchists around here who are not only hell bent on making it a self fulfilling prophesy but are already promising retribution threads.
That would be a real shame, Nigel. I really enjoyed participating in your excellent recent thread on medium format film and I would welcome more like that. I'm hoping that by containing the politics within one thread it will be easy to avoid. Did you see the recent TV documentary on Don McCullin, where he was walking around with a Mamiya RZ67 tucked under his arm for street shots!

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau
The Following User Liked This Post:
Naughty Nigel (11th February 2019)