View Single Post
Old 10th September 2016

Thanked 1,024 Times in 854 Posts
Liked 797 Times in 466 Posts
Re: E520 - stick, wait or upgrade now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snookerman View Post
Next thing is where to buy it from.
Lots of cheaper deals - but mostly imports from Hong Kong - I'm really not sure about it, as I've not done that before. I guess you have to check where the Ebay stuff came from too.
Be very wary of cheap "grey" imports from HK or wherever. Apart from widely reported poor service and difficulty in obtaining refunds etc from such sources you will not get an Olympus warranty with them. Some time ago Olympus stopped issuing "Worldwide Warranties" and now only issue regional warranties on equipment imported via their regional operations and sold via their authorised retailers. In the case of the Uk this means Olympus Europa and retailers such as SRS (the best I have dealt with) LCE, Ffordes, Park Cameras, WEX etc. The standard Olympus European warranty is for two years but you can purchase aditional warranty extensions too. When I bought my E-M10 MKII there was an offer on which included a free extra year's warranty. Many "grey" imports may come with a retailer's warranty which is often only for one year.

Buyer beware.

Regards.

she looked at me and said "It's official. I hate your camera. It's just so amazing and perfect I want one!"

E-M10 MK II, E-M5, E-PL1, E-PM2, mZ 12-50, mZ 14-42mm EZ, mZ 17mm f 1.8, mZ 25mm f1.8, mZ 45mm f1.8, mZ 75-300mm II.
OM1n, OM 50mm f1.8.
Oly Viewer3, Dxo Pro 11. FastStone.