View Single Post
Old 11th December 2014

Thanked 1,281 Times in 1,112 Posts
Liked 522 Times in 392 Posts
Re: Nutcracker Rehearsal 10th December

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian1208 View Post
Damn, how come I didn't see (or hear) you there

Yes a great day but I was stuck with the 12-40 which was too short so all my images need a heavy crop, not good working at IS3200

How did you find the 40-150?

Lots of pics to screen, mostly duds but a few not too bad I hope, I look forward to seeing your results

Brian, I was with Claire I was wearing a purple fleece (Jack Wolfskin), bright Lilac/purple scarf at the neck, black T shirt and denim Jeans and have blonde/beige hair, in exceedingly comfy and warm walking boots of brown suede and leather (horse riding boots) ... and .. carrying a ONE in all black with 40-150 lens

ps like this ... (I was trying the lens near the bar ... and experimenting with photographing the Lilies ... from above) unsuccessfully

pps Postie at Hayloft should have something for you two today

and using my 75 and 75-300 in all Black - focal length of the 40-150 and being telephoto did not give me my best shots

I found the lighting with the 40-150 too "harsh" for my "style" and actually the 75-300 did the best job for me - probably as I lurve this lens and I am used to stopping it down on bright days

I rather fear that since getting the ONE and, going "Prime" (Thanks to IanSky and his advice ) I have got out of using telephoto - I did move forward out of my seat or lean well back lots with the 75 prime
I Lurve Walking in our Glorious Countryside; Photography;
Riding Ducati Motorbikes; Reading & Cooking ! ...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/photomagicf1_chevvy/sets/

the ONE photo album
The Following User Liked This Post:
Eclairewilliams (11th December 2014)