View Single Post
Old 16th September 2015
Administrator

Thanked 3,182 Times in 2,486 Posts
Liked 4,532 Times in 2,155 Posts
Re: EM-1 firmware update - November 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkG View Post
I really like the idea of the focus stacking. But it looks like it's the only feature for the EM1 which is not going to be on the EM5 Mark ii V2 software update. Booo!

Also i feel sorry for original EM5 mark 1 owners who are being left behind. Apple manage to do IOS updates going back down the models rather than just the latest models. But then again if the EM5 mk1 had more of the latest features, people would presumably keep them for much longer. I wonder what the average age of a digital camera is these days? Three years before you upgrade?
Don't feel too sorry for me, Mark, I still consider myself fortunate to own an E-M5 mk1 despite getting left behind. I suppose it is always a difficult task deciding where to draw the line - there must be many useful updates that they could make available to original E-P1 owners!

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau
The Following User Liked This Post:
OM USer (17th September 2015)