Old 18th August 2019

Thanked 1,344 Times in 1,049 Posts
Liked 2,219 Times in 1,174 Posts
Re: Photo File Numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikie John View Post
Unless you change it, I think the file names are xmddnnnn where:

x is P for JPEG files and _ (underscore) for raw files
mdd - the date as month - day - day (Oct to Dec as A to C for the month)
nnnn - four-digit sequence number

There are options to change some things in the menu. For example, I think by default the number will reset to zero when you reformat the card. There is an option somewhere to tell it to carry on sequentially. Changing the first letter is not quite straightforward, I think it has some strange dependency on which colour space you use, but it should all be there in the book if you are interested.

John
And since this is in the E-M1 II forum then the settings are in Menu H1. The first three menu items are:-
Card Slot Settings - Determines order of saving etc (I have mine Slot 1 Stills & Slot 2 video with Auto overflow)
File Name - set to Auto for continuing numbering (resets to zero if not on Auto)
Edit Filename - as it is titled (I use different first characters for my different Olympus cameras to separate files from each camera)

Cameras: OM-D E-M1 & Mk II, Olympus Stylus 1, OM-D E-M5.
Lenses: M.ZD7-14mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD12-40mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD40-150mm f2.8 PRO Lens, MC-14, MC-20, M.ZD45mm f1.8, M.ZD12-50, M.ZD60 Macro, M.ZD75-300 Mk II, MMF-3, ZD14-54 II, Sigma 150mm F2.8 APO Macro DG HSM.
Flashes: FL36R X2, FL50R, FL50.
Software: Capture One Pro 10 (& Olympus Viewer 3).
The Following User Liked This Post:
blu-by-u (19th August 2019)