View Single Post
Old 13th July 2019

Liked 116 Times in 79 Posts
Arrow Re: Windows 10 raw file preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross the fiddler View Post
.....although I haven't been able to update Win7 for a while anyhow as it just hangs if I try.
I originally upgraded not too long after Win10 was released but it was so awful I rolled back within an hour. The roll back wasn't perfect and it took me a few hours to fix everything.

Because of that experience, I didn't try again for a long time but with Win7 reaching end of life and several improvements to Win10 I decided to give it another go. Several attempts, using the original installer I'd downloaded, failed and were automatically rolled back. The error message suggested that there was a driver problem and I wasted several days fiddling around - trying to install with various devices removed etc. - before giving up again for a while.

Eventually, while checking the error logs, I saw a clue that suggested it was not a driver issue at all but a down level installer. I downloaded the most recent installer and then everything went without a hitch.

After some tweaking of the interface to organise it the way I want it, I'm glad I made the change - Win10 is significantly better than it was and has several improvements over Win7.... although I miss the preview pane button in Windows Explorer.
Ross the fiddler (13th July 2019)