View Single Post
Old 27th April 2017
Administrator

Thanked 3,160 Times in 2,468 Posts
Liked 4,469 Times in 2,123 Posts
Re: Somebody just has to do it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wee man View Post
Can we have a rational for only MICRO four thirds what I like about this site is it caters for the E system not just only one part of it. Why cut out a lot of members and more importantly a lot of very good work taken using E system equipment.
One of the results is that work in galleries more than about three years old will not count; shame!
If we believe that it is not the equipment but how it is used then let us show the full range, why exclude members work who only have access to 4/3's kit?

I have in the past pushed to keep the idea of showing good work from galleries, but if this limit of micro work only is enforced I may look the odd time but will not take part.

Thoughts from Ed

Wee Man
Don't worry Ed, that's not going to happen - see the thread I have just set up http://e-group.uk.net/forum/showthread.php?t=44941

I think ISO, as a more recent user of Olympus cameras, was overlooking the distinction between the Olympus DSLRs, which use the original Four Thirds standard, and the newer mirrorless cameras that are designated Micro Four Thirds. Essentially they are the same format, because the sensor dimensions and aspect ratio are identical.

"A hundredth of a second here, a hundredth of a second there even if you put them end to end, they still only add up to one, two, perhaps three seconds, snatched from eternity." ~ Robert Doisneau
The Following User Says Thank You to Zuiko For This Useful Post:
iso (28th April 2017)
The Following User Liked This Post:
Johnheatingman (27th April 2017)