Thread: HELP! The for sale section
View Single Post
Old 17th June 2011

Liked 15 Times in 14 Posts
Re: The for sale section

Bit cheeky , as I am something of a lurker myself, and I note the generally constructive comments already made, however, here goes - Any used gear purchase from a source you don't really know (and we don't really know anyone on here) is a risk and it's not unreasonable to expect a prospective purchaser to use their common sense and appreciate that sometimes these things are a punt. I understand that Iowa2 has not posted anything much and, on the face of it, looked like a first timer trying to sell stuff straight away, but I'm not sure that is really relevant. We have a forum for selling gear and, unless very low user postings start to become the norm and there are complaints of dodgy gear being sold, I am not sure we ought to look to regulate that too much. One of the reasons I have stuck with this forum (and to an extent with the brand) is because of its relaxed and generally friendly attitude and I think we should keep it that way if we can. Besides, the chap can take a very decent photo!

Well, that's my tuppence worth, time to get back in my box.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DanH56 For This Useful Post:
Ian (17th June 2011), Zuiko (17th June 2011)