View Single Post
Old 14th February 2018

Thanked 1,248 Times in 937 Posts
Liked 5,950 Times in 1,939 Posts
Re: Political: We're doomed, Captain Mannering...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ224 View Post
Am/was not a leaver, but now we are at the leaving point, I think we need to break free of the EU and not be a hanger on,

We, as a country want to be independent, and there are plenty of opportunities out there to make it a success. Gonna be a year or two before it works out tho'.

EU are not being helpful, which is understandable. Why should they??

Lets just get on with it. EU needs us as much as we need them, re exports certainly.

My regret is that we will not have a RIGHT to live there, as they do us.............................

(Not an expert on the matter, but kinda sitting on the fence)

We've got much, much more to lose than EU. That's why the "negotiations" are doomed. We'll get screwed no matter what. We need to get this stupid decision reversed. Another referendum or a general election where the EU question is the key agenda item is needed desperately. We're in a complete mess right now and I just don't see any way out.

Theresa May's government is floundering. Massive splits in Tory party. Negotiations nowhere. It's crisis time!
Portfolio Site
Instagram
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pdk42 For This Useful Post:
IPWheatley (22nd February 2018), KeithL (14th February 2018)
The Following Users Liked This Post:
Bengeo (15th February 2018), drmarkf (14th February 2018), George Dorn (14th February 2018), Greytop (18th February 2018), jdal (14th February 2018), KeithL (14th February 2018), Otto (14th February 2018)