Thread: Scanner Mode
View Single Post
Old 18th August 2019

Liked 4,054 Times in 1,861 Posts
Scanner Mode

https://www.mu-43.com/threads/puffin...rmware.105325/

Quote"As many opportunities as were happening, I was having major difficulty locking on to focus--frustrating. I know my settings pretty well, but I'd moved a few things around with the new firmware and something was obviously wrong. I tried changing my focus points, messed with the sensitivity, changed from focus priority to my usual shutter priority, and even tried C-AF tracking, all with pretty poor results. I was beginning to think that Oly had released a firmware downgrade. My best success with the flyers was to spot an incoming bird and track it through the evf until it came close enough to get a decent capture. But I still had long strings of OOF frames and often it would just not lock on. I noticed that my focus points were not lighting up under the bird when it moved around under my all-points focus mode, and suddenly I realized I had the scanner set to mode 2, instead of the proper BIF mode 3. When changed, the joy of 3.1 came rolling back big time. What a change!" End Quote

This article appeared the above newsletter. Never really thought about nor understood the AF Scanner mode. I have changed a couple of my BIF settings to see if his waxing lyrical claims work. I wonder whether there is a downside having the AF scanning continually...………..

My Sailing Page

My Flickr
The Following User Says Thank You to MJ224 For This Useful Post:
OM USer (18th August 2019)