View Single Post
Old 6th December 2007

Liked 43 Times in 20 Posts
Re: Product supply updates

What can I say about Ian, Olympus UK E-System User Group and Olympus UK.
But a BIG THANK YOU.
I ordered an E3 and 70-300mm. I like many are still awaiting my E3, but may lens was on its way to the dealer when TNT lost it!
I posted on this thread about my frustration at not receiving the E3 or lens especially as I was going to The Wales Rally GB.
The response was not what I expected!
Ian contacted me and with Olympus offered me the loan of a 70-300mm lens for the weekend. What an offer totally unexpected.
Well yes I took them up on there offer. The lens arrived by courier next morning.
I went along to the Rally in the hills of Wales yes it was cold it rained, sleeted, hailed and blew a gale. But what about the lens?
I found the lens well balance used on an E510. It never felt like you had a lens of that focal length on the camera. The auto focus quick and reliable in tracking moving cars. I like the ability to change to manual focus with the switch on the side. With the apertures on the lens I was having to use iso 800 late in the afternoon as light faded to get acceptable shutter speeds, with more noise in the images. Overall I was very pleased with the lens, excellent value for money.
The good news is the dealer has called my lens has arrived! Bad news still no E3
So once again I would like to give a BIG THANK YOU to all involved.
Ian what an excellent site this is may the E-System User Group grow and grow.