View Single Post
Old 23rd May 2009

Liked 37 Times in 12 Posts
Want to try Macro photography?

At this time of the year, there are many opportunities to try your hand at macro work but the cost of a dedicated Macro lens can be what stops us having a go.
As you may know, I have loaned a Sigma Achromatic screw on lens that fits the 40-150mm and better still, the 70-300mm lens. Barrie has now finished using it and has settled for the EX-25 extension tubes with the 40-150 lens. It's been a good journey and at no cost for Barrie (Other than the purchase of the Extension tubes).
In the spirit of supporting any aspiring Macro enthusiast, I can now offer the lens on loan to someone else. There is no obligation to buy it but simply to try it and post your images on here. Obviously, I would expect whoever takes this offer up to take care of the lens. It could be passed over to other members later.

About the Sigma lens:
As I say, it's an Achromatic lens and not just a magnifying lens. It comprises more than one lens element which ensures that the visible light, at different wavelengths, appear in focus at the sensor. This produces good quality images.
In use, the AF system will work but the focusing has a minimum AND a maximum working distance distance (e.g. a focusing window). It's easy to work with this and I shall provide help to any prospective user.
The light loss through the screw-on lens is very low.

Peter

PeterD

www.imageinuk.com/

Last edited by PeterD; 23rd May 2009 at 09:37 AM. Reason: spelling
The Following User Says Thank You to PeterD For This Useful Post:
Daveart (20th October 2014)